Sign in to follow this  

new handle bars

i recently bent my handle bars and need new ones. what do you think is a good bar? and if possible i would like to pay no more than 125$.

Anything 1-1/8" is fine. The 7/8" bars are junk no matter how good of a brand they are.

I personally love Twinwall bars like Renthal or Azonic. Right now I run the Twinwall Azonic, Larocco Bend.

if you dont want to spend the $ on clamps then go with the good old renthals or possibly the pro taper se bars.

i would like to get the fat bars without the cross bar but can i get them for about 125 with the mounts? if not how much am i looking at?

Check your upper triple clamps is it a solid mount or adjustable mount? If adjustable you can get away with just buying new mounts. If it's solid you gotta get the whole upper clamp. Google Protaper & give them a call they'll give you good advice.

I run the Protaper rubber mounted triple clamp with Protaper bar. I like it alot

I run the Protaper rubber mounted triple clamp with Protaper bar. I like it alot

That's the combo I was planning on buying. Did you find the rubber mounts to be worth the extra $? Also, how is the fit, I've been looking to raise my bars up, as the stock renthal on the '05 are a little too low for me. I'm 6'1".

I love the rubber mounts. This is the first clamps that I've had with rubber mounts and boy can I feel a difference. I run the softest compound (blue) and I ride motocross tracks. I can really feel the diffference when the track gets beat up at rough. The fit and quality of the Protaper clamp and bar was very good.