Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!! gover shaft?

I'm working on restoring a 94 kx125 and broke the top of this shaft...

shaft.gif

my question is, do i have to split the case to replace it, and what the hell is it? The bike wasn't running to great before I took the top end off, and I found the piston had some nics in it so I'm going to replace it, but am worried about doing it before fixing this shaft.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I should not need two say this, get a manual and clean that pig. that thing your finger is pointing to is the KIPS GOVERNOR ROD the end that you broke is left handed thread (righty loosey, Lefty TIGHTY ) the other half is in the side cover and the base is of it is probably broke or cracked. you will need a manual to get it out and put it back successfuly.

No manual, huh? There went the money you thought you were going to save. You can replace it by taking the right side cover off. It is part of a power valve system.

cool thanks guys. a manual would take a few days to a week to get here, and who needs a manual when you got the internet? lol it's not my bike so i'm not spending the money for a manual.

would have had no problem if the lever connected to this rod were on correctly. once we got it off it told us which way to turn to loosed on the underside. oh well. live and learn.