Sign in to follow this  

Just found out about a rider we helped...

If you look at the picture from the article, it brings up the question that my 7 year old asked "where did he think he was going?". I don't know why someone would go over such a big mound of dirt without checking it out first - maybe I just like to preserve my body from injury?!?

I'm glad he's ok.

I totally see your point though. Maybe he assumed he KNEW where he was and it turned out he was wrong??

Or the berm was added and he didn't know the terrain changed??

I'm glad he's ok.

I totally see your point though. Maybe he assumed he KNEW where he was and it turned out he was wrong??

Or the berm was added and he didn't know the terrain changed??

The "berm" was actually the dirt that they dug out of the 8ft. deep trench on the other side of it. He said that he thought it was a trail?!? None of the trails there start with a 5ft. tall mound of dirt in front of it. It was his first time there and first time back on a bike in a long time.

The "berm" was actually the dirt that they dug out of the 8ft. deep trench on the other side of it. He said that he thought it was a trail?!? None of the trails there start with a 5ft. tall mound of dirt in front of it. It was his first time there and first time back on a bike in a long time.

Ahhhhh, he didn't look before he leaped. Very lucky!

What was his " new 250-cc honda"? crf250x?

Yeah, that was another thing, he was "breaking in" his "new" (to him) a late 80's bike?!

Haha what? it was a bike from the 80's?? thats weird... well good job on helping a rider out :thumbsup:

It may sound stupid, but I want to thank you for helping that guy... I think that's a wonderful gesture... It's tragic he broke his back, but to know that when you get hurt there are other riders out there to help you when needed.

I took a dump on a trail about two weeks ago, ended up not being able to ride out... Some guy came by on his bike, then ended up getting his little ranger 4wheel drive up into the trail to rescue me. I'm still on crutches, believed to have a torn ACL on left knee, but without nice people in the world looking out for eachother, my damage would have likely been much worse... (obviously nothing like this poor guy though)