Sign in to follow this  

How Many Acres Of Land Is Used In Xc Style Events?

How many acres of land are used in XC style enduros and hair scrambles? is 100 acres enough?? just wondering thanks.

100 acres is pretty tight, but you might could pull off a short harescramble if the woods are thick enough.

It would depend on the terrain. 100 acres of mountain land would make an awesome scramble. On the other hand 100 acres of flat coast-land would be very boring.

Agree with these guys. 100 ac of good terrain and elevation with some woods will work. I've ridden HS on 150-400 acres places, and as long as the course is well thought out you can do it on smaller. The practice loop I ride is a lot of fun, but it's only about 3 miles long on 35 acres. Still a blast though!!

from what im told theres a small hill on it. its not flat. ive never been there to survey the land. but im gonna try and head down and look at it. apparently all theres is on it is an old shack that my great uncle used to hunt from. aside from that just trees.

i contacted Netra and they said most hare scrambles are 6 miles, and at the minimum are 200 acres and require a 25 acre parking area. so i guess 100 acres is to small. but id really like to make single track and trails thru it.