Sign in to follow this  

Ventura riding???

i may be moving to oxnard and i was wondering if anyone could point out some places to ride. i know gorman is sort of near there but that's about all i know of thanks

You'll be driving no matter where you want to go. The closest place is Piru motocross park and Gorman for trails and I-5 track. There's Rohwer flats out by Santa Clarita which is about an hour away. There is also riding past Ojai but I don't know too much about it. Two hours +/- there's A.V. motoplex or lacr and after that the rest of the high desert...There's a track going in at Sunland but I don't know when it is supposed to open.

There is one trail up the 33 above Ojai. It's called the Ortega trail. It is prone to washing out, and may be impassable. There are also o few limited trials above Santa Barbara.

The other place not mentioned is Ballinger. Head up the 33 and go over the hill. Keep going North on 33 and make a right on Ballinger Canyon. If you get to the 166 you have gone a few miles too far. It's about as far a Gorman from Oxnard.

There are a few trailheads near Santa Clarita. The closest is the Drinkwater Flats staging area on San Francisquito. You can ride legal trails and dirt roads from there to Rowher, about a 40 mile round trip.

I live in Ventura, welcome to the area. Gorman and 1-5MX are about 1:30 away, Ballinger is around 1:30, Rowher is around 1:30 and Piru MX is about 40 minutes away. There are a few others within 1:30 but I can't remember the names.

if you get to know the area weel, there is some awesome riding throught the big creeks and into the farm land! :thumbsup:

and all 100% illegal