Sign in to follow this  

Will this Fox shock fit a stock xr50?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230023120548

My nephew needs a new shock for his fiddy....

I want a float mxr.... so I may be able to play as well...

but this does not appear to be a float mxr....

Does fox make more than 1 shock for mini xr's?

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_moto/moto_index.htm

Any other suggestions for better suspention..... Please?

I would like to increase his travel.

thanks

Adam

That looks suspect. Like fake. My friend has one and it looks nothing like that. It also didn't cost no $ 147.50 either. It cost closer to $ 300 than anything. Maybe it's not fake but it is not the one for 50's. Air fox is a good shock but how serious is your nephew into 50's and how old is he? Getting a shock will raise it like 2 inches. How high are you trying to raise the bike. It seems little 2 inches but every inch makes a difference. There are cheaper shocks out there.

My nephew is 7, and uses this as a woods bike, and for practice for his KTM 50 pro.

I have lots of woods trails, and he hates the 2 stroke, unless he is MXing.

how I love watching the little guys rip up my track!

Also.... If I don't fix it soon, (blown shock) he will go back to his 4 wheeler for play, and woods rideing....

I would much rather keep him on 2....

You should see this kid wheelie!

Thanks!

2 strokes for trails is a bad idea. And 7 years old doesn't need the a fox air. Fox air and Elka are considered the best you can get for a 50. Its over kill for a 7 year old unless we are talking about the next Carmicheal. Getting a aftermarket shock now is too much. The shocks are made for adults. Maybe a spring but if you read up on them they are still talking about the weight of a adult.

float is fully ajustable for weight, get it. its not too overpriced and definetly good.

GET OFF OF EBAY!!!!

As someone that's known Ricky and James since they were little kids - it's the suspension that makes the kids faster - it gives confidence when the bike does what it's supposed to and not swapping around. Then as they get faster and faster with a good handling bike - the horsepower comes into play and they start being able to go faster and faster - but the whole time good suspension is "key" in making a rider faster.

If you ask any of the top pros if they want a fast bike with terrible suspension or a bike with works fork/shock and stock motor - they'd all go for the suspension without question!

As a matter of fact many of the top privateer SX riders race near stock bikes but have their suspension done to handle the tracks... it's that important.

Think about the little guy wiping out at high speeds because of stock suspension... not pretty. Think about a stock motor and being able to hold it wide open because it handles great - now that's cool!

I couldn't tell you if that is a real or fake shock - but I would like to know - are the FOX shocks that good? I'm looking to upgrade my rear shock and get a longer swingarm of some type...

Mike

YES! He could be the next RC!!!! He has a ton of natural talent...

No handers off a 18" kicker on his BMX bike, 25' one handed wheelies, jumps 20' gaps on his KTM ...... always with a whip!

I wish I had the start to MX that he has! It is amasing for me to watch the 2 brothers chasing each other around!

He is well past the point of .... "is he good enough to need better suspension?"

He needs Great suspension! The boy has Chrone nuts!

I will find a float MXR.

then maybe he'll let me play with his bike!

YES! He could be the next RC!!!! He has a ton of natural talent...

No handers off a 18" kicker on his BMX bike, 25' one handed wheelies, jumps 20' gaps on his KTM ...... always with a whip!

I wish I had the start to MX that he has! It is amasing for me to watch the 2 brothers chasing each other around!

He is well past the point of .... "is he good enough to need better suspension?"

He needs Great suspension! The boy has Chrone nuts!

I will find a float MXR.

then maybe he'll let me play with his bike!

/Well the Next RC needs a Fox air shock then. Its amazingly adjustable and can be refitted by the company to be customized. Post some pictures we all want to see the next RC do some whips

when you replace the back shock to the float what do you do with the front suspension? My son is also a 7 year old MX crazy man, he flies on his Cobra and bottoms on the CRF. I was looking at the i-shock but now after reading this will also look at the fox float. If the new rear raises the bike an inch or so how do you even out the front?