Sign in to follow this  

CR250 Full Engine Rebuild

My bike blew top and bottom and I have a few questions to ask.

1. How much is a new case motor from Honda worth.

2. How much will it cost to be rebuilt in parts and labor if I Do everything myself except pull the flywheel, split the case and have them give it back to me with the crank rebuilt and the cases together.

My bore is also wrecked so I will have to pay for that to be chromed too.

Thanks for any replies.

:thumbsup:

My bike blew top and bottom and I have a few questions to ask.

2. How much will it cost to be rebuilt in parts and labor if I Do everything myself except pull the flywheel, split the case and have them give it back to me with the crank rebuilt and the cases together.

My bore is also wrecked so I will have to pay for that to be chromed too.

Thanks for any replies.

:thumbsup:

1. www.servicehonda.com

2. most shops would charge $200-350 (US$)... not sure what parts you would need.

3. Replating (cylinder) is around $200 (US$)....

http://www.mt-llc.com/index_home.shtml

Im not sure of the price overseas, but I am basically doing the same thing as you. My cylinder is fine, as a matter of fact it only has one ride on a brand new plating. I broke a case half trying to start the bike, so Im going through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is good. Its quite a bit of work, but rewarding for sure. Replaced the crank and all, should be a fun ride after its done.

me and my dad split my case using a seetring wheel puller we took one of the case bolts and put it through the brass center and threaded it into one of the holes pulled and tapped and off it came srry i dont remember what its called but u dont need a case splitter

also DONOT try to wedge anything between the cases because there in no gasket its press fit and will ruin the seal

good luck

For reference, a new, fully assembled '02 - '03 CR250 engine with electronics is $1600.