New KX 250

Hey all how`s everyone doing.

I have a 06 KDX 200 and am looking to get a new bike.

Thinking of the 07 KX 250 2T. I know there is a Previous thread on this topic.

But since then has anyone bought the new 07 or ridden it or Heard Good/Bad

Things about it. I am 6`2 90Kg.

I know it is not changed much from 05 but think it is still a good buy.

Any Comments

?

It's a great bike. If I were in the market for another 2 stroke, it would be my pick. The only bad I've seen is that the seat cover looks old fast in the green area because it shows all the dirt. I would also go to a better chain like a DID ERT. Small, small problems.

I just got a 07 a couple months ago. I love it, awesome power, light and really easy to work on. (Coming off a CRF250X) Only issue I have is jetting, but I almost have that all worked out. I pretty much built it up for a mountain machine, I just need to send off the suspension and get it dialed for my riding. You can't beat Team Green! ?:ride::applause:

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard a lot about the new KX`s fouling plugs.

I don`t want to spent a lot of cash on a new bike and have this Problem.

Why does this bike do this

Tell me about it, I'm on my 7-8 fouled plug. I'm 1 step leaner on my pilot, 1 step leaner on the needle with it on the top clip and two steps leaner on the main and still foul plugs. Thats with a 44:1 mix also. I think I'm gonna try a hotter plug than maybe drop the main again. 1/8-3/4 throttle seems good no dripping pipe but if I open it up alot I get it. Might try a different oil also, I'm using the Maxima (sp) 2 stroke oil now...thinking of just using the Kawi 2 stroke oil.

I bought a leftover 05 new and so far am really happy with the bike. It's box stock but I did go up one tooth on the front sprocket. The stock plug is a BR8 and if you trailride, use a BR7 plug. Mine runs a tad rich when putting, but normal (pretty good clip) riding, the BR8 plug is chocolate. I wouldn't lean out too much. I use Belray MC1 at about 40 to 1 or 44 to 1. I am thinking about an fmf fatty pipe for more top end as I do quite a bit of desert riding. Oh, big gas tank, you'll need one. I got the IMS 3.1 gallon and this bike USES GAS. Man it's a gas hog compared to my old 04 KX250F. This bike sucks gas when you are on it. The IMS tank does make it hard to change plugs. The tank sits right down on the plug and there's no room to pull the cap off the plug to check or change plugs, so if you need to change a plug, you have to lift up the IMS 3.1 gallon tank. Just be aware. I really like the bike overall so far. It's got great bottom and good mid, needs a bit of rev up top though.

I Have a 1999 KX250 and have been using the same plug for 3 years. You got a problem with your bike, new or not, it should not foul plugs like that.

Its all in the jetting...I ride from 3000ft to 8000ft single track, I have it jetted like above and just put in a BR7 plug which I hope fixes the problem. Will find out this sunday.... ?

The fix for the jetting is the JD Jetting kit. I have an 05 and my son rides an 06. Both bikes are set up for off road. We ride from Texas to Idaho. The JD kit is the answer, Fatty pipe smooths out the powerband as does ceramic crank bearings from TKO. Awesome bike.

The fix for the jetting is the JD Jetting kit. I have an 05 and my son rides an 06. Both bikes are set up for off road. We ride from Texas to Idaho. The JD kit is the answer, Fatty pipe smooths out the powerband as does ceramic crank bearings from TKO. Awesome bike.

This is a fact folks! If you do nothing else, call JD and get one of thier jetting kits. It's worth every penny!

Tell me about it, I'm on my 7-8 fouled plug. I'm 1 step leaner on my pilot, 1 step leaner on the needle with it on the top clip and two steps leaner on the main and still foul plugs. Thats with a 44:1 mix also. I think I'm gonna try a hotter plug than maybe drop the main again. 1/8-3/4 throttle seems good no dripping pipe but if I open it up alot I get it. Might try a different oil also, I'm using the Maxima (sp) 2 stroke oil now...thinking of just using the Kawi 2 stroke oil.

I have an 05 that was fowling plugs. The cause was, I thought the air screw was a fuel screw and turned it In which caused a richer mixture it should be 1.75 turns out. Dirt rider advised raising the clip on the needle like you have done. I also run Rock Oil full Syn at 40:1, 91 octane gas. I have had no more problems and have written it off as operator error. Hopefully it is something simple for you.

I just got back from riding at 7,000 feet yesteday and all was great.

I bought a leftover 05 new and so far am really happy with the bike. It's box stock but I did go up one tooth on the front sprocket. The stock plug is a BR8 and if you trailride, use a BR7 plug. Mine runs a tad rich when putting, but normal (pretty good clip) riding, the BR8 plug is chocolate. I wouldn't lean out too much. I use Belray MC1 at about 40 to 1 or 44 to 1. I am thinking about an fmf fatty pipe for more top end as I do quite a bit of desert riding. Oh, big gas tank, you'll need one. I got the IMS 3.1 gallon and this bike USES GAS. Man it's a gas hog compared to my old 04 KX250F. This bike sucks gas when you are on it. The IMS tank does make it hard to change plugs. The tank sits right down on the plug and there's no room to pull the cap off the plug to check or change plugs, so if you need to change a plug, you have to lift up the IMS 3.1 gallon tank. Just be aware. I really like the bike overall so far. It's got great bottom and good mid, needs a bit of rev up top though.

Try the Clarke tank for the 05 & up. I know for a fact that you can change the plug without messing with the tank. It's only 3.0 gallons instead of 3.1. I guess we now know why. Plugs gotta go somewhere!

• 1 year later...

i have a 2006 250 with a fmf fatty front and tail .with a 13 oz fw it has loads of torque and still rips flat out.im getting an ims 13 litre tank tomorrow didnt know about not being able to access plug .im going to use an iridium plug i bought one but never got round to fitting it as i used it in a scooter.dont laugh i had a problem with a scooter everytime you revved it hard it would not only foul but render the plug useless ie no spark .after running out of cheap plugs i had no choice but to use the iridium and it has been fine ever sinse so i bought another to go in the kx .does anyone know if a 2004 or 2006 kx 125 ims tank will fit my 2006 kx 250 as i can get one locally and it looks good in the photos and owner said i could try before i buy but its still 3 hours away.any information photos greatfully received andrew.getting back to the ims tank the owner said it had 250 on the packaging when new and when he checked with supplier thuy said they dont make them for 125s so im confused now.

I ride the trails with my kids. When my daughter goes we ride pretty slow and I was fouling a plug almost every time we rode. When it was just me and my son I never had a problem because we ride a lot harder. I changed to a BR7 and have been out with the daughter 3 times and it hasn't fouled yet. I took it out tonight and it looks very clean too.

Mine is a 2003 though. I'm not sure what the difference between mine and anything newer is I just thought i'd throw my .02 in :banghead:

I Have a 1999 KX250 and have been using the same plug for 3 years. You got a problem with your bike, new or not, it should not foul plugs like that.

+1 on that! :banghead:

Not 3 years for me. I change it just because I think it's bad and I've pushed before.:busted:

In fact, I know my pilot is rich. I don't need the choke to start it and she fires up on 3 kicks. If your fouling plugs that bad there's something wrong somewhere. A stock bike won't do that unless there's something wrong.

+1 on that! :banghead:

Not 3 years for me. I change it just because I think it's bad and I've pushed before.:busted:

In fact, I know my pilot is rich. I don't need the choke to start it and she fires up on 3 kicks. If your fouling plugs that bad there's something wrong somewhere. A stock bike won't do that unless there's something wrong.

My brand new 06 KX250 did it too, fouled plugs every couple of rides. Still dragging my feet but I'll be going with the JD Jetting kit.