Sign in to follow this  

Dumb stunt

Last night I was taking the rental DVD's back to the store, as I entered town I witnessed something that still turns my stomach.

I was entering town, it's a 4 lane 45 mph and as I was coming up to my left turn lane I saw a rider on a road bike coming toward me. She was quite a ways away but you can tell a new rider just by their body language. Like I said she was coming toward me, made a slow loop in the oncoming lane in front of me and went into my left turn lane. There was no danger to me or her at that time but, what she did next made my stomach turn. After her loop and entering my left turn lane she didn't stop! :thumbsup: She flailed and turn right in front of a on coming car! It was 45 MPH and this car locked up the brakes and the woman was a millisecond from getting broadsided I don't know why the car didn't at least hit the back tire it was that close. I couldn't believe my eyes! :ride: She then continued to flail through the intersection and stopped in a parking lot.

OMG to watch this whole thing unfold in front of me was unreal.

Someone needs to have a long talk with this woman that the highway isn't a place to "LEARN" how to ride a motorcycle.

Oh, two other riders were sitting on their bikes by the parking lot so I think she was trying to get to them and they witnessed this whole thing also. Damn, I hope they talked to her about her dumb stunt.

This is the exact type of stuff I point out to my wife all the time....

You can learn on the dirt cuz dirt only hurts.

You can't learn on the street cuz you will die!!

She thinks she is ready for the street, I keep telling her no way, she needs a few more years of solid technical trail riding before I will even consider getting her on a street bike. I keep pointing to a rocky hill climb on one of our trails as the bench mark. If you can make it up and down that a few times with no issues then we can start talking about the street. She gets scared just looking up the trail and has refused to go up to date....

i live on a dead end street and near the top of my street is another side street and there is a stop sign there. well the other day some guy on a big cruiser bike was at the stop sign with 2 cars behind him and one car driving down the street towards him. not only did he cut in front of this car to turn left but he stalled the bike right in the middle of the street and the car had to slam their brakes so they wouldnt broadside him. it's a good thing he didnt do that on a main road or he'd be dead. the street is just not a place to learn to ride a motorcycle.