03 250f fork height adjustment????

Looking at my manual, the fork height adjustment is made from the seem between the fork tube and the end cap, but does not mention the two lines at the top of the fork tube. The first line is maybe 1 or 2 mm below the seem, and the second line is about 5mm below the first. Am I correct in that my forks should be some where between those two lines. I got the bike used and the height was just a hair below the seem, but above the top line. I never saw the lines until I removed the fork for re-valve. When I reinstalled, I set the height right in the middle of the two lines. Wright or wrong?????

I run mine even with the middle line, but there may be differences between our bikes. Basically, the higher you put the fork tubes in the clamps (i.e. more lines showing), the less, or steeper rake angle you will have, which translates to quicker steering. You will also have a little more weight on the front end in this case. The lower you put the tubes in the clamps, the greater high speed stability you will have. Of course, this is all dependant on having the sag set properly on the shock because the rear ride height will also affect the rake angle and the weight distribution.