Sign in to follow this  

CA Green Sticker Question

Hi All,

I own a 2003 Honda CRF450R. When I bought it new in April of 2003, I got a green sticker. Two years later, I registered it again and got a green sticker. Then, six months later, the DMV sent me a red sticker with a letter saying sorry for the inconvenience, but your bike should have a red sticker, thank you very much.

My question is this, does anyone know of a group that is fighting this issue legally or has heard any news about the possibility of the green sticker cut-off including 2003 models in the near future?

Best regards,

Rich

There are no groups fighting the particular issue. The rules have been very clearly defined for many years now. The red/green sticker issue has been decided and lost on our part.

You have a red sticker bike and it ws probably an accident that you initially got a green sticker. That's it.

even though it is illegal, just do what everyone else does. Buy a junk bike that is 02 or older and use the sticker off of it. It sucks, I also have an 03 crf450. I ended up buying an 02 Husaberg so that I also have a green sticker to ride.

Well you know it is a Red Sticker bike. They just gave you the wrong sticker for a few years.

The DMV was not set up to handle the new red sticker rule. Hence the 1997 to 2002 bikes that should be red sticker were grandfathered in as green sticker bikes.

I just registered a 2004 KTM 200SX. They went over a lot of manuals to make sure it was done correctly. I wasn't going to fight it, I was 99.9% certain I was going to walk out with a red sticker, so I accepted my fate.

Fighting the Red Sticker rule is going to go one of two ways:

All Green sticker bikes, including the previously red sticker bikes.

All Green sticker bikes, red sticker bikes are banned off-road 365 days a year.

Great law. Makes me keep and ride my clapped out smoke spewing 1990 YZ250 during red sticker season while my much cleaner burning 04 YZ450 sits in the garage.

Great law. Makes me keep and ride my clapped out smoke spewing 1990 YZ250 during red sticker season while my much cleaner burning 04 YZ450 sits in the garage.

Don't forget to change your premix ratio accordingly. About 8:1 should

make a nice cloud. Danm I hate the C.A.R.B..

All Green sticker bikes, red sticker bikes are banned off-road 365 days a year.

Which is exactly what the new Federal law impacting 2007 and later is.