Sign in to follow this  

D37 Race in Lucerne Yesterday

We were camping out at Hodge Road over the weekend and I thought I would leave early Sunday and go check out the race, just for the heck of it...

We drove out the 15, South on the 247 past Slash X but couldnt find it. We saw a big cloud of dust out to the East, Im assuming that was it. How do you get there from the 15/247. We ended up taking the 18 west back to Victorville and headed home.

It was staged at North Andersen dry lake. Take 247 east through Lucerne Valley to Camp Rock Rd and make a left. The road will make a Y, stay to the right (goes to dirt). Its maybe 5 miles in from there. There is another small dry lake bed, Andersen, about half way to North Andersen. The hosting club will put up signs from 247 leading you in.

You should have come out and raced, it was a lot of fun.

It was staged at North Andersen dry lake. Take 247 east through Lucerne Valley to Camp Rock Rd and make a left. The road will make a Y, stay to the right (goes to dirt). Its maybe 5 miles in from there. There is another small dry lake bed, Andersen, about half way to North Andersen. The hosting club will put up signs from 247 leading you in.

You should have come out and raced, it was a lot of fun.

Were you racing this weekend? Lucky bastage.

I plan on racing the next one, thats why I wanted to come and check it out while I was close by. I remeber passing Camp Rock Road but missed the all important signage...

Ill be out there next time for sure.

Were you racing this weekend? Lucky bastage.

Yep. You should have come out. It wasnt blistering hot, but it was really dusty. Course was fun.

I plan on racing the next one, thats why I wanted to come and check it out while I was close by. I remeber passing Camp Rock Road but missed the all important signage...

Ill be out there next time for sure.

This club used the same day-glo signs they mark the course with. Next one is Lost Coyotes Dual Euro in Red Mtn on sept 9 & 10. http://district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/sep06/06lc.jpg

This club used the same day-glo signs they mark the course with. Next one is Lost Coyotes Dual Euro in Red Mtn on sept 9 & 10. http://district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/sep06/06lc.jpg

OK, maybe the one after that. Thats the weekend of the Glen Helen National...I cant miss out on the $7 beer, scantily clad MX fans and watching the big boys tear that track up.

OK, maybe the one after that. Thats the weekend of the Glen Helen National...I cant miss out on the $7 beer, scantily clad MX fans and watching the big boys tear that track up.

Hey Gregg, when you are ready to do your first D37 race let me know. I'll swing by, pick you up and make sure you are dialed in. They are so much fun. Totaly do-able in one day. Just wake up early and charge out there on Sunday morning, do the bomb run a couple times then sign up and race!

You will have to join D37 if you are not already a member, the same goes for the AMA and then pay the entry fee. If you have to do all three budget on about a 100-120 bucks for your first one. Once you have joined both you will only have to pay the race entry fee.

9/24

Shamrocks

Hare & Hound

Red Mtn

This looks good. I like the Hare and Hound format too.

417 riders. Awesome, I cant wait!

Make sure to sign up for beginner if it's your first race. The second loop on a hare and hound can get pretty nasty at red mtn. :ride: Not to knock your skills or nothin, but just get a feel for the seen on your first one. I'll most likely see you there. :thumbsup:

9/24

Shamrocks

Hare & Hound

Red Mtn

This looks good. I like the Hare and Hound format too.

417 riders. Awesome, I cant wait!

It's a Desert Scrambles. It is very difficult to lay out a full 2 loop race in Red Mtn. 40 mile loop.....done twice with a technical section from the pits to the start of the second loop.

I am the club rep that puts up our date. The first year I had to do it, I didn't know what I was supposed to do and wrote Hare and Hound.....and have done it each year since.

I won't be at the race this year because we are chasing a National title and will be in New Mexico, instead. If you would like any course info, please feel free to PM me or e mail me at revjaybird@yahoo.com .

Also remember that you need a spark arrestor and must pass 96 dbs sound test in order to race.....green/red sticker/current plates.

Our race is usually a good first race. Not terribly technical, but will make sure ya break a sweat. The technical section between the pits and the "second" loop can get pretty beat up if you're one of the back of the packers.

If you are unsure.....check the one loop option and make a mellow day of it.

peace,

janette

Ill do both loops, the second much slower than the first if needed... I finished a 3-loop 75 mile D38 race earlier this year. I like the abuse.

Go get the National Title Janette!

Thanks for the info.

Ill do both loops, the second much slower than the first if needed... I finished a 3-loop 75 mile D38 race earlier this year. I like the abuse..

We have way more rocks and way more whoops then D38. If you like the abuse.....by all means do the Shamrock's race....but be sure to put the Checkers' race in Feb. on your calander. :applause:

If you don't get enough abuse in 80 "Checker" miles.....just tell them at the finish line and they will be glad to abuse you even more. :applause:

Go get the National Title Janette!.

I'm sure gonna give it my best monkey try!

Thanks for the info.

Never a problem! :thumbsup:

peace,

janette