Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sport Flush Mount turn signals

I'm wanting to put a dual sport kit on my 2005 WR 450F. Just called Baja Designs and they say there is no flush mount turn signals available for my bike. Anyone know of a good dual sport kit w/ flush mount turn signals available?

As far as I know none of the flush mount turn signals are DOT legal. They are selling a dual sport kit with all DOT compliant parts, so no flush mount turn signals. The bike aftermarket is full of flush mount and mini-stalk turn signals. Almost none of them are DOT legal. Either get a kit without the turn signals, or piece together your own.

i just bought a baja designs kit for my wr450 with the flushmount kit it was like $50 more then the regular kit, but trickdualsport.com offers one with the flushmount for $450 i would give them a call

Not to put too fine a point on the issue, but I wonder if the "flush-mount" turn signals have the SEPARATION (that is, horizontal distance from the lamp center-lines) required by DOT; 16 inches front; 9 inches rear.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/maninfo/mcpkg002.pdf#search=%22motorcycle%20turn%20signal%20location%20regulations%20DOT%22

The lamps/LED's themselves may be "DOT," and suitable for installation as clearance or marker lights on vehicles, but--the location requirements for turn signals may preclude their use in that application.

Have no idea whether a law enforcement officer might be aware of the lighting regulations, or judicious in their enforcement. In other words, with a "sanitary" installation of flush-mount turn signals, would you likely be hassled by the cops? No idea!

I used trailer rail lights I picked up from the local truckstop. The DMV didn't have a problem with them.

not all states have the same requirement for turn signal separation.
Possibly; however, for motorcycle manufacturers, the federal DOT separation standard is 16" minim;um front, 9" minimum separation rear.

The requiremenht may be academic, if enforcement isn't a high priority. I'd be surprised if anyone were cited with a passably neat installation of turn signals at any reasonable separation.