Plans for start gate

We want to build a start gate for our local track. Unfortunately we can't find any plans. We want to have 20 bikes. As we are isolated here in newfoundland we can't just copy one from a local track. If you don't have plans pictures would be a big help.

Thanks

I seen a guys idea at a grasstrack. He had a stand in the middle witha pin stuck through it. then from eithre side he pulled in a bungee rope and put the hooks on the pin. The when he pulled the pin with a string the bungee ropes flew back! Just an idea

Yea I've seen a bungee start like that too at some of the local fair races or tracks where they only have like 2 races a year. All it is is 2 bungee straps hooked permantly on the outsides of the gate. then there's 1 pole in the middle with a pin threw it. you then hook the ends of the 2 bungees on the pin so that you can pull the pin out of the pole and the bungees will slip off the end of the pin that they were hooked on and spring towards the sides since there will be tension pulling them that way. Hope i was clear enough.