07 SXF250 dyno run, 36.8 HP on rear wheel.

Hi. I ran my 07 SXF250 in a Dynojet today. I was at sealevel and the temp was 60F(20C). The bike is stock but I'm running a complete ti 06 Akrapovic exhaust and the jetting is 45(40 was stock)/175(stock). I'm getting the graph later, but in the best run the bike had 36,8 HP on the rear wheel. In comparison YZ250F's with complete Rinaldi kits only manage 36 HP in the same Dyno.

FYI.

• 1 month later...

Dyno's are all different. RWH? Corrected RWH, Crank Shaft HP. Plus with all the adjustments you can put the same bike on 10 dynos and get 10 way diff readings. You can how ever run diff bikes on the same dyno, same day and compare not only peak HP but HP at 1000 RPM increments!

Could you run the KTM 400 for a comparison. Some have stated that its only 40 hp to the back wheel rendering it repetitive to the 250 XCF.

Would you be willing to post your data?

You would have to overlay torque graphs from both bikes to make a meaningful comparison. The 400 probably makes similar peak torque, but the low end may be a very different story. I would love to see the graphs. My SXF doesn't feel very strong down low compared to a big bore.

• 2 weeks later...
The ktms are ready to race so I think an akrapovic exhaust would decrease the horsepower because the 250 sxf is supposed to have an awesome exhaust, if you want a really good exhaust then buy the complete white brothers carbon pro exhaust system and that would get you up to 47 or 48 horsepower its crazy!-I mean it puts out like 43 horsepower at the crank and two years ago the 450s only had like 46 or 47-, but the japanese bikes are crap so the fmf on the honda probably helped the horsepower alot, you need to run both bikes completely stock some time on the same day and with the same tire and everything. I guarantee the ktm woukd win by atleast 4 horsepower

LOL thats why factory teams run an ackro on there 250f's because it decreases the power RIGHTTTT!:cheers:?:bonk:

The ktms are ready to race so I think an akrapovic exhaust would decrease the horsepower because the 250 sxf is supposed to have an awesome exhaust, if you want a really good exhaust then buy the complete white brothers carbon pro exhaust system and that would get you up to 47 or 48 horsepower its crazy!-I mean it puts out like 43 horsepower at the crank and two years ago the 450s only had like 46 or 47-, but the japanese bikes are crap so the fmf on the honda probably helped the horsepower alot, you need to run both bikes completely stock some time on the same day and with the same tire and everything. I guarantee the ktm woukd win by atleast 4 horsepower

aftermarket parts only add to the power 95% of the time. its the way the engine is built that gives it great power. the muffler on the 07 sx-f is a crappy peice of crap(106 db). the fmf q2 is great. ktms are ready to race but not ready to race and win. hope it helps

aftermarket parts only add to the power 95% of the time. its the way the engine is built that gives it great power. the muffler on the 07 sx-f is a crappy peice of crap(106 db). the fmf q2 is great. ktms are ready to race but not ready to race and win. hope it helps

Your nuts the 07 black sxf silencer is much quieter than an exc can,now if your talking 250xcf with silver can yes thats loud :cheers:

Ahhhhhhhh,

So all I need to do is put a akrapovics exhaust on my SXF and I can get 47 HP when the best dyno test to date is 37hp. Riiiiiight.

10 HP with a pipe, thats funny.

Well maybe you ship the motor to akrapovics so they can bore and port it for $2000 bucks and they through the pipe in for free.