Sign in to follow this  

My First Race: Report. Thanks All!

Well I got to Washougal Sat for practice. That eased my nerves. I got there Sunday sign-ups were easy and I got into the 250D class. My first moto I took 3rd in the holeshot into the first corner (not bad for never doing a holeshot ever!). I got a little tired in the 3rd lap and got passed by 4 riders. I took 7th place out of 12 riders.

Second moto, my gate got stuck on my tire (learned my lesson). By the time everyone was in the first corner I got out. I caught right up in the second corner, tried to pass some riders and went down. Took me 30 seconds to get back up and going and at that time it was to late to catch up. I took last in second moto. But I feel I did well in my first moto for my very first time racing.

Most of all it was a time to learn and a good start to my racing days ahead. Now I know what to expect next time. Thanks again for all the info you guys gave me last week!

-Greg #24 Honda

Now I know what to expect next time.

Congratulations Greg. That heart pumping feeling pretty exhilarating eh? :thumbsup:

BTW, you may still get some surprises for a while...more strategy and course management type things...even things like extra goggles and glove inside a zip lock bag at your pit area. The rains are coming!

Congratulations Greg. That heart pumping feeling pretty exhilarating eh? :thumbsup:

Yes, It was the best feeling though. I had so much adrenaline that kept me going. It's amazing the difference between practice and racing. I was so much faster in the race than anytime practicing because your actually going for a goal of winning. It was the best feeling and the best time I have ever had in any sport! I can't wait for the next one.

Welcome to the addiction!! Just curious how old are you? Good job overall for your first race. I remember my first race I was 25 and a TRUE beginner. I bought a bike and decided I wanted to race. I was so pissed about getting dead last (by alot) and thinking no WAY are these guys beginners! LOL

i dont race quite yet... but i have 2 helmets, 2 sets of goggles, 2 sets of gloves, 3 jerseys, 2 pairs of pants, 2 sets of boots... i think i am pretty set for the rains coming up soon... fall race series in spokane

34, been riding MX for 1 year.

Nice. I am 32 now and may rejoin the racing a little here and there. My speed seems good but my conditioning still sucks.

Congrats on a 'successful' beginning (My goals are to not be last, and walk away at the end. And if it looks like I'm going to end up last, well ok). I've raced a fair amount for the last 10 years (some years more than others) and just got stuck in the gate in my last race a few weeks ago. The back of the pack is remarkably easy to catch so you still want to exercise some patience as you make your way forward.

How was the turnout? Wish I could have been there.