Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket comp/ gauges?

My boss is looking to buy a new CRF450X and he his wondering if there are any after market gauges or computer set ups for this bike.

He is not impressed with the stock single odometer set up.

Thanks guys!!!!

I replaced my stock Honda Gage with a GPS that has a wrist band. I got it at REI it's about 2" X 3". Then I made an aluminum mount for it and bolted it to the same two mounting holes on the trees. Now I have more info than I need and it's lighter.

if you do a search you will find that there are a few out there. The two major brands are distributed by trailtech and service honda. There are a few different models from each one. depends on what he wants.

You're one dedicated employee to be researching this for your boss btw

I am looking for the same kind of thing and this sounds kind of cool. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trail-Tech-Endurance-Computer-CRF-250-X-450-X-04-06_W0QQitemZ280021648968QQihZ018QQcategoryZ35594QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I asked the seller how it connects if it is just directly driven by the odometer cable as I suspect but I do not know for shure. I am making my x street legal and want to have a speedo so the pigs stay in the pen and not pulling me over.

Hope this helps.

Ray

I am looking for the same kind of thing and this sounds kind of cool. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trail-Tech-Endurance-Computer-CRF-250-X-450-X-04-06_W0QQitemZ280021648968QQihZ018QQcategoryZ35594QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I asked the seller how it connects if it is just directly driven by the odometer cable as I suspect but I do not know for shure. I am making my x street legal and want to have a speedo so the pigs stay in the pen and not pulling me over.

Hope this helps.

Ray

It actually has an electric pickup that attaches to the brake caliper and disc. The odometer cable gets removed. But yes it'll give you a speedo. There is a model called the vapor by the same company also it has some other features too, like temp. Thats what I run on mine.

You're one dedicated employee to be researching this for your boss btw

LOL yeah...I have been trying to talk him into getting a dirt bike for a while now. I got a 04 YZ450 and an 06" KLX250s. He finally is going to get one for him and each of his two sons. I'm bet I'm more excited than they are :thumbsup: