Sign in to follow this  

MPG: Dirt and Street

Anyone know off hand the average miles per gallon (MPG) for a stock DRZ? Dirt and street.

* I realize speed plays a big factor here so let's say it's the speed limit on the street and 30-40 mph on dirt.

Also, Does the 3x3 mod change your MPG? I would assume so but it does not hurt to ask.

Thanks,

3rdGear

Just did 130 miles of dirt w/ probably 50 miles of pavement at 45-50mph @ 5500'-7900'....400s with DynoJet and 3x3 got 61 mpg and stock 400s with no mods and stock sea level jetting got close to the same, maybe a tad less....Mark

30 MPG tops in the dirt.

No clue on the street, as I don't ride it on the street much anymore. I would guess it to be around 40 tops when I did ride it on the street.

E model, FCR carb, 3x3 jetted for 5-8K feet, dirt mode, 14/48. 66 miles before I hit reserve, so 33 mpg.

03' 400s full yosh, stock air box, bigger main 165, 14/47 sprockets, dunlop 606 /905 dirt tires. I get 55 street only. 42 dirt/street (as of this last weekend)

Just for the record,that is, no comparison to off road, or dual sporting but my SM has been geting aprox 56mpg w/FCR,full Yosh @55-75

'06 "S" mixed used (60 street/40 dirt) stock 15/41 sprockets getting a solid 60

05 S, 35-45 mpg dirt riding it hard.

45-50 mpg street mostly speed limits.