Over heating problems

any modern four stroke will get hot in extended slow riding. seems that rejetting helps some. there are tabs for a fan but none on the market really. You can fab something I'm sure. But most guys haven't needed one.

i never boiled my 450 over until i rebuilt the engine. If you run your jetting rich enough then you will be fine. I have had my bike idle for at least ten minutes with no problems and i have been sound checked many time so i have had the rpms up at 4500 for a minute and plus warm up without over heating. If it gets hot too often then fatten up the jetting.

It gets warm wit the new piston but i am pretty sure its a little lean. I need to bump the main up to a 170-175 range.

my Vapor computer shows water temp. i have it located right where the water exits the engine.

on the last ride i dug myself a hole trying to get up a hill covered with sand the temp hit 225. i dont how long it takes to boil over with the stock cap and 50 50 mix coolent but i didnt have any problems.

usually when i ride the highest it ever gets is about 195 but when im moving it runs between 145 and 175 degrees.

on a side note it is interesting to see just how effective the rad is. i can go from almost 200 degrees to 150 in a matter of minutes from stopped to riding about 10 mph with minimal throttle used to attain that speed.

if i pull in the clutch and coast down a hill i have gotten it all the way to 135 degrees just by moving air through the rad.

if you work the motor hard and arent moving much you will heat it up pretty fast.