Sign in to follow this  

Gas mileage

My boss is looking to buy a new CRF450X for woods riding. What kind of mileage or how many hours can you guys go on a tank of gas?

Don't want to step on everyone elses feet and be the first to say...Do a search... but there is lots of stuff on this.

About 60 in the woods in 1st and 2nd. 80 in the desert some say. I don't know hours

Mine is newer (06) and I've yet to need reserve on a woods ride. Last one I did was 46 miles. Mine is bone stock, not done anything to it (yet). My guess is that once I re-jet it, it will loose a bit of the range. Hell, if you need range, just throw a bigger tank on it. I wouldn't buy a bike based on how far it will go on a tank of gas.... Buy it for how it will make your a$$ pucker....

I've been keeping track of my mileage since I purchased my machine. I'm getting anywhere between 21.5 to 25 miles per gallon, depending on riding conditions.

I got 40mpg riding on fire roads. My friend was following on a quad so I was not going to fast. My bike is all stock

It totally depends on how you are riding it and where. But I've ridden for several (like 4 or 5) hours on tank just tooling around with my kids. and burned through a tank in an hour and half in the desert riding flat out all the time.