Sign in to follow this  

bike throttle question!!!

my throttle was sticking slightly when i was praticing last night, so i took it off and cleaned everthing now that little white guide peice is setting me back when i have the white guided off the throttle operates smoothly and will retract back, when i put it on it is noticable harder to pull and will not retract

could it be how i am installing it (im putting the 2 open slots towards the ground with the wires coming up and around the throttle and then putting them on the guide with some force needed.

Just replace the piece! Its cheap....The cables 'dig' a groove into this white plastic piece causing them to stick.

make sure the one to the left in that picture isnt pinching at the top. also mine got some dirt in it from a crash and now its all sticky. I also put grease in the throttle tube to help it slide. the stock tubes seem to get black powder buildup too. overall the honda seems to have a finicky throttle tube assembly. I have to maintenence mine way too much.

yah i got it working again smoothly, but i think im guna have a mechanic go thur the whole thing and put new cables, do throttle, and also put my new tokyo mod spring in

Instead of spending all that time taking apart and lubing the throttle assembly to make it last longer, replace the cables and the guide (white plastic piece) when it gets sticky. I think it only cost me $20 for all the cables and guide and the time I save by not lubing them all the time is well worth it.

Also, greasing the throttle tubing will attract dirt and not be as smooth.

actually the grease has made it last the longest out of anything I did. I use thick bearing grease instead of a thin lube and it seems to block dirt out. I just took it apart cuz I crashed again and it was clean in there. i actually jammed dirt straight into the assembly on top from flipping.