who all went to waterloo hs

i thought it was fun!!! what about everyone else i know mr bungle was there met him in person!!! so lets hear it guys what did you think!!

You saw Mr. Bungle and survived?

Your bung hole isn't sore today by any chance is it? Consider yourself lucky!! ?

I was pleasantly suprised too, Track was fun accept a some poorly marked areas early in the race.

I did get to watch BAJA pull the holeshot with YZ hot on his trail, looked like they battle for quite a while when the poor markings sucked Baja off the trail :applause: just long enough to let YZ and myself by.

Baja bounced back for a very repectable 3rd in little B ? after having his first off day in quite a while.

2whlr, you've got to show up soon, this is 2 races that you've blown off that have turned out to be pretty darn good :applause:

8 miles of pretty good trail, some tight stuff, some pretty fast open stuff, k-burg type sand :ride: a little bit of MX track ,it had a little of everything plus got to meet YZ, sorry didn't get to talk more after the race .

Does the trail blazer riding club have a website??

yes they do have a site go to iowaohv.com and link to it!!! i think maybe in the first lap the aa riders may have blown few corners and taken some ribbon out accidently, and we got left not knowing were we were going!!! that is were a parade lap would have been nice as well as having a few more course workers out there early on!!!

all in all i had fun and definitely would race that one again!!

Hey yz scrambler, I think we battled quite a bit during the race, I didn't know it was you until after it was over when Bungle told me what bike you were on. I got the holeshot in the little B/big B line but being the first guy in the pack without a parade lap didn't work out very well. I was trying to keep a good pace going but that little part where you could go around the tree to the left or go straight around the right side of the tree came up too quick for me. I went straight and going over that angled log took me down hard. Then I got back up and later in the lap I turned left at a poorly marked turn and the turn was actually about 50 feet later. Bungle and a couple others got by me as I had to circle around to get back on track. Then on the last lap I crashed really hard into a log, my wrist and chest took the brunt of that one. I don't think I broke ribs but it's really hard to breath and cough now... ?:applause: My tires weren't hooking up very well on some of that hard pack and I grabbed a little too much front brake and my bike went down throwing me into the log. JDSMITH got a front row view of that beauty of a wreck. Bungle got a killer holeshot in the 40B class and held on for the win with a huge gap between him and second :applause: , I have a few videos I can post up here in a little bit.

Then on the second lap I got turned around in another poorly marked section. Also in that lap I was going down the track (the wider section in the woods before all the sand) and this guy on a Yamaha was coming down the trail right at me! :applause: He was going the wrong way...

I thought the race was fun, I like the longer courses, but I think it's bullshit they didn't do a parade lap. And then making us wait over an hour for the awards sucked. I'm not sure if I'll race it again though, I'm not real happy with some of the things D22 has been doing lately. I think WFO is doing a much better job of putting on races.

But it showcases the smart guys. :applause:

But it gets rid of the idiots that think the parade lap is a race. I've seen just as many people hurt on a parade lap as when racing.

The parade lap isn't part of the race? ? Yeah I concur, I've had a lot of dickweeds yelling and passing on the parade lap like it's the race, but sending everyone out in race mode without one is asking for trouble. It doesn't matter if you have 99 smart guys out there, if one of them screws up it can cause a lot of problems for everyone else. But if you're into that kind of thing I'm not gonna argue with ya...

The parade lap isn't part of the race? :applause: Yeah I concur, I've had a lot of dickweeds yelling and passing on the parade lap like it's the race, but sending everyone out in race mode without one is asking for trouble. It doesn't matter if you have 99 smart guys out there, if one of them screws up it can cause a lot of problems for everyone else. But if you're into that kind of thing I'm not gonna argue with ya...

I used to feel the same way. Really. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's fun to see the lap times on the D-16 H/S site and how they progress. It makes for better racing becasue you have to use your head. ?

I used to feel the same way. Really. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's fun to see the lap times on the D-16 H/S site and how they progress. It makes for better racing becasue you have to use your head. ?

Racing smart and using my head isn't my style... Well I have used my head a few times I guess, if you count performing density tests on trees.

Layton, I'll post it up tonight when I get home. You should hear the crowd go "OOOHHHHHHH!!!!!". I don't know what he was doing honestly, he was heading right for the fence and then at the last second he just layed it down and tumbled (like he didn't see it or something until too late)... I was sitting on the B line thinking holy shit! I just saw his legs flying through the air and didn't know what happened, he jumped right back up though and I think finished 3rd in open A.