Sign in to follow this  

Noise from 1976 Suzuki TS185

Bought my first vintage bike a couple of weeks ago. Photo:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/...09/1916a7d7.jpg

I see the link won't open once I moved it. If you want to see the photo, you can go to the Dual Sport Forum and see "Got a small dualsport bike" post.

I'm really enjoying the bike. Here is a question I posted on another forum. Any ideas?

1976 TS 185 report - rode it yesterday again - running very well. Cranks on first or second kick. but hearing some kind of funny distinct noise around the chain area while off the gas but still rolling, kind of a cyclical waan waan waan waan sound, almost like something is off balance. Chain looks well lubed - any ideas

Thanks

My brother had a 1973 TS185. It had maybe 1000 miles on it when he got in 79. Had a Hooker header. Loud. Got his license with it. Rode it all over the place. Cops used to stop him for noise with that pipe. It was yellow with a blue stripe on the tank. I used to ride on the back of it when I was about 10-12 years old.

Never really saw many other bikes like it in Mi at the time. Did see a TS250 that was blue with a red stripe. Lot of Yamaha's though. Lately I been seeing them restored out here riding around in the back of trucks. DT175's, etc.