Sign in to follow this  

Kolpin Fuel Packs

Has anyone tried a Kolpin 1.25 gal "Fuel Pack": http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4808581&showprevnext=1

They are $46, and the dimensions are 12" x 13" x 4"thick. It would fit almost perfect on a Pro Moto Billet Rack but overhang 3/4" on each side since the rack is 10.5" x 11.5". The DR's grab handles stick out further and should protect the Fuel Pack if you droped the bike (I'm guessing). The Fuel packs are stackable so 2 of them = 2.5 extra gallons, and they are designed tough so that you can load other items on top.

That's badass and looks like you can mount it well, but &%$#@!, they don't sell to California? I've just been using a 2 gallon spare gas tank that I bought from the hardware store for $10 but it sits high in the back.

They sell special brackets so you can mount them vertically or horizontally or to any flat surface. I would definitely mount them horizontally. These things are really tough and designed to take abuse. I don't thing I would feel as comfortable with a cheap plastic Wal-mart-grade gas can.