Sign in to follow this  

Bark Guards for 07 SM

I Just Bought A Pair Of Zeta Handguards Off Forest At Wheeling Supply,very Happy With Them And They Are Adjustable To Fit About Any Style Of Bar.good Luck

I was looking for a set with a metal bar going through the entire thing in order to help with crash protection. I can't tell if the Zetas do or not... they sure look sweet!

I have the Cycra Pro Bends side triple tree mounts. They are thick and mount to the triple tree and the bar end. If those things are damaged in a crash, you can darn for sure bet that I'm in worse shape than my bike.

cycra1.jpg

cycra2.jpg

DougJ, are those the Zeta bars and clamps as well? If so, how do you like them? They are the next items on my "Order from Forrest" list.

Order 'em in black or silver, 7/8" or 1 1/8" bars, and get whatever color plastic guard you like.

Done! Got a tail light too. Received a personal call shortly afterwards! I've never really had service like that... I love the way the Zeta guards look!

Yup, Forrest is awsome on customer service, none better! I have the DRC Edge (not Edge 2) taillight also and love it.

TO_400SM: Yes, that's the RX clamp kit, which is adjustable fore and aft by about 10mm, catalog doesn't even mention that. You may be able to see that I have clearance between the clamp and display assy, that's because I made a couple of standoffs to move the display forward. The bars are also Zeta. He's got plenty of bends and the bars and clamps are VERY nice quality and very light. Just as good IMO as anything else out there. I wanted to get the bars forward as soon as I got on a DR-Z SM, this did the job for me in a great fashion.

BTW, I noticed NO increase in felt vibration going from the stock set-up to the Zeta bars and guards.

Here's some better pics of the clamp area:

DRCZetastuff008.jpg

DRCZetastuff004.jpg

Raise up those turn sigs and it will be totally sweet!

Can't flip 'em with guards on, but I've since made some brackets for the same small signals I have on the rear, they're tucked right up under the handguards now. :thumbsup: