Sign in to follow this  

oakwood arena

anyone know if they still race out there? tried my old links and its not there anymore...

This should do it! :thumbsup:

"Oakwood Racing Schedule"

September 9-10, Practice Only

September 30, Practice Only

October 1, Series Opener

October 7, Practice

October 8, Series Race

October 21, Practice

October 22, Series Race

November 11, Practice

November 12, Series Race

November 25, Practice

November 26, Series Race

December 9, Practice

December 10, Christmas Race

January 6-7, Practice Only

January 20, Practice

January 21, Series Race

February 3, Practice

February 4, Series Race

February 24, Practice

February 25, Series Race

March 3, Practice

March 4, Series Race

March 24, Practice

March 25, Series Race

April 7, Practice

April 8, Series END

Practice Times for Saturday:

Quads ONLY from 11:30am - 3:30pm

Dirtbikes 4pm-7pm

What are the track and facilities like? My frame of reference is the former track at RMC in Renton.

if you measure square footage of usable track, Oakwood is slightly bigger, only because they use the whole arena for the track. The facility isnt anywhere near as nice as RMC because Carol rents the building from the owner and the owner doesnt keep it up at all. But the atmosphere of the people is 2nd to none. Carol is awesome, is willing to work with everyone, and the people who ride out there are great too. The track in the past was really really tame. But last year we vamped it up to almost arenacross. Real tight, indoor, technnical, but alot of fun!

pfft 25 bucks if you pay that $50 package fee, or 30 bucks for practice if you dont. and practice is only from 4-7:30.

Like I am going to go waste 30 bucks to ride jokewood for 3 1/2 hours(actually way less than that if they run group sessions). I will be taking my money to riverdale to ride in the winter slop rather than give them $30 for the amount of track time you get.

pfft 25 bucks if you pay that $50 package fee, or 30 bucks for practice if you dont. and practice is only from 4-7:30.

Like I am going to go waste 30 bucks to ride jokewood for 3 1/2 hours(actually way less than that if they run group sessions). I will be taking my money to riverdale to ride in the winter slop rather than give them $30 for the amount of track time you get.

i do agree with you that its quite alot to pay to just get to do a few laps... that track is really small but its really nice to still be able to have a place in door to race thats not sloppy with mud... but being over in spokane i dont know if theres anything over here to race in... i know theres alot of flat track but i like to jump...

I will admit that for the big bikes it may not be worth while to some, but that is only because not very many show up. Oakwood gets most of its business from the mini's and quads, so therefore they get more riding time. Even when everyone got the same amount of ride time, we wouldnt get enough big bikes to fill a group. Sooooooooo........... just like any other track, you cater to where the $ comes from.

The track in the past was really really tame. But last year we vamped it up to almost arenacross. Real tight, indoor, technnical, but alot of fun!

Hmmm. That's great for a real MX rider but I suck at jumps.

i love jumps and tight technical tracks..

anyone have pics of this track since its been "vamped" up

no pics of the track itself, but you can come out next weekend for two days of practice and see for yourself.

no pics of the track itself, but you can come out next weekend for two days of practice and see for yourself.

would love to but the fall series racing starts next weekend... last time i was out at oakwood it was pretty cool... saw a few quads blow up... hey hows that guy that went down a few years back?