Sign in to follow this  

buy a new bike/ new accesories for free??

ok.. so im going to pick my 07 crf 250 up wed. * crossroad powersports in PA * ( i cant sleep at night im soo excited!!!!!!! ) . but.. wondering whether i can get a free helment or something out of it? do most dealerships do that? i mean.. anything.. helmet.. goggles.. oil... stuff like that? after all.. wats a $300 helmet to them.. when they prob get it for what.. 150? if that... and im dumping alot of money on this bike. my first new bike so never dealt with dealers this way.. and as for any of you that have bought bikes brand new.. have you tried/ did you get any free accesories? if so what?

If they gave you a good OTD price w/o the usual mark ups like freight, documents and prep then just ask for a good discount on a new helmet.

If they didn't give you a great price on the new bike then I doubt they care about your business enough to throw in a helmet! :thumbsup:

say " dad can i get a new helmet" and have ur dad say son i just spent all the money on your bike im afraid youll have to wait a couple months so i can get you a helmet" then you say but i wont be able to ride the bike without a helmet, and then your dad will say well im sorry were not rich, i just spent 6000 on a new bike , youll just have to wait a while and theyll feel sorry and say u know what why dont u go pick out a helmet and whatever else u need :thumbsup::ride::applause: .

I have heard most dealerships don't make a lot of money on dirt bikes, they make their money on gear, chemicals, and service.

The last time I bought bikes at the dealership I bought three at the same time two new and one used. They gave me good prices on the bikes. When it came time to load up I only had two pairs of straps and needed three. I asked the salesman to get me another pair, he came back and said they were going to be $12.00. I was surprised that he would charge me the 12.00 for the straps considering I just bought three bikes. But, I held my breath paid the 12.00 and went home still happy with the deal I got.

I would say: Ask the question but don't expect much.

You should have told him you didn't have $12 and you were going to have to return one of the bikes!

As a dealer, keep in mind, there really is very little profit in a bike...at least for us small dealers...for instance, in order to compete with volume dealers, we usually will not charge set-up (whats our time worth) or charge for our freight to get the bike in($200). We do offer good discounts on gear and accessories for 6 months but, people always want free stuff...I can understand, your spending a big chunk of change on a bike, whats a couple of hundred more in free stuff, well, we also are spending a big chunk on that bike and get nothing for free from most distributors. Just a little food for thought...remember, if you buy a bike from your local dealer and you are not hounding them on price for every little thing, you make friends there and not become that nightmare customer that all dealerships talk about, you will likely get first in line when you bring your bike in for service, or be the first to get a good discount when the shop feels it can afford it. I dont know how it goes for large large large shops, but with ours, my business partner and I run it, handle all customers and work on all bikes...so its more important to us to please our customer than a kid who is making $8.00 an hour and could give a care less what the customers think.

try north american warhorse its a pretty pretty big place. they are in dunmore pa. they gave me a $650 shoei helmet with my new FZ6 street bike. im sure if u told them u are going to bike their bike if they give u a helmet they will help a brother out.

:applause:

say " dad can i get a new helmet" and have ur dad say son i just spent all the money on your bike im afraid youll have to wait a couple months so i can get you a helmet" then you say but i wont be able to ride the bike without a helmet, and then your dad will say well im sorry were not rich, i just spent 6000 on a new bike , youll just have to wait a while and theyll feel sorry and say u know what why dont u go pick out a helmet and whatever else u need :ride::applause::applause: .

Sheer Genius! Ok, maybe that's pushing it.

It is a A$$ kickin plan anyway. Except the kid should be like :applause: Not the spoiled cry, but the heart broken :applause: like all he ever wanted in his whole life was to ride this new bike :applause::thumbsup::applause:

:applause:

Sheer Genius! Ok, maybe that's pushing it.

It is a A$$ kickin plan anyway. Except the kid should be like :applause: Not the spoiled cry, but the heart broken :applause: like all he ever wanted in his whole life was to ride this new bike :applause::thumbsup::ride:

Yeah, but then he would be buying a used bike dontcha think.

say " dad can i get a new helmet" and have ur dad say son i just spent all the money on your bike im afraid youll have to wait a couple months so i can get you a helmet" then you say but i wont be able to ride the bike without a helmet, and then your dad will say well im sorry were not rich, i just spent 6000 on a new bike , youll just have to wait a while and theyll feel sorry and say u know what why dont u go pick out a helmet and whatever else u need :ride::applause::applause: .

ok.. so.. make this work ( im gonna make it a little harder to act out ) .....say the kid is ehh... 19......dads around 50........ dad is CO-Signing for the " kid " to make payments.. and.. we pull up in a newer gmc pickup? im screwed on the new helmet arent i :thumbsup: ? lol dam.. does puttin 2 grand down help? i REALLY like the new one industries trooper!! :applause:

When I bought my XR400, the dealer gave me 30% (I think it was 30) off anything in the store that day. I bought some Tech 8's for the Tech 5 price. Nothing was given away and he still made a bit on each item. Everyone was happy.

when my uncle bought his 426 a few years ago the dealer hooked it up wit 2 helmets to sets of thor core3 gear tech 8s a lift stand a ramp and lubes and oils out the a**....but he knew the owner :thumbsup:....but usually theyll thrown in sum stuff or give u a nice discount

Last time I bought a new bike, I gave the guy the price of the bike and an additional $225, and he threw in a free helmet. A week later I went back and gave him $42.00, and he gave me free gloves.