Electric start kit info/tips for 2000-on XR250?

It's not worth the 1500-1800 it costs to put the Joeracer Products kit on a bike nowadays. There are too many e-start option bikes out there.

There's a very clean, easy to start, dualsported 2001 XR250 over on the D-37 for sale section. www.amadistrict37ama.org. $2500.00 bucks. The guy's donating all the proceeds to offroad legal defense. Damn Kalifornians!

Question: Why do you need estart on an XR250? They seem to be one of the easiest bikes to kickstart...

Answer: because my right foot/leg/hip isn't what it used to be, and I still want to ride. (And I want an ez maintenance, reliable, fairly lightweight,air-cooled dual sport bike! Yes, I saw the said ds XR250 for sale--I want it--and that's the reason I'm asking about the estart retro-fit)

Perhaps a better use of your money would be a factory electric start Suzuki DR250 or DR350 (Such as a 1995ish model). You should be able to find a clean one for about $1700-2000. They are reliable air cooled 4 stroke bikes that can be had for about the cost of the e-start conversion on the XR250.

Answer: because my right foot/leg/hip isn't what it used to be, and I still want to ride. (And I want an ez maintenance, reliable, fairly lightweight,air-cooled dual sport bike!
Sounds like you want a TTR 250 Yamaha. It's just not cost effective to add an e-start kit that costs almost as much as an older XR in the first place! ?

Huntmaster:

Just about the closest to "Cymru" I see around here are the Camrys on the road. We in Southern California also have an Ontario---of the Inland Empire and the airport!

We also probably have more loud, dirty, 2-smoke leaf-blowers/hedgecutters/etc. per capita than anywhere else on earth---but the successfully-influential here are obsessed with choking off bike emissions---which effectively reduces off-road use. Ya think think that the reduced emissions/reduced use consequence is intentional?

Thanks for the tip, tho; I'll keep looking for my air-cooled, estart Holy Grail.