Sign in to follow this  

need help with kx 100 cdi?:S

hi , i have nt long purchased a kx 100 97 model , wen i bought it , the guy had put a different cdi box on there, which i do not kno why , i dont kno anything about cdi boxes but can they effect the speed of your bike or anything like that? because the bike doesnt seem fast at all , it is very slow compared to other kx 100s ( i mean slow) , could it be the cdi box? do i need the right cdi box for the bike? but i am not sure its just a question that i am stuck on , other poeple say its my piston rings which it could be..? can u give your opinions? thnx alot:D

hi , i have nt long purchased a kx 100 97 model , wen i bought it , the guy had put a different cdi box on there, which i do not kno why , i dont kno anything about cdi boxes but can they effect the speed of your bike or anything like that? because the bike doesnt seem fast at all , it is very slow compared to other kx 100s ( i mean slow) , could it be the cdi box? do i need the right cdi box for the bike? but i am not sure its just a question that i am stuck on , other poeple say its my piston rings which it could be..? can u give your opinions? thnx alot:D

Do you know how many hours you have on your piston and rings? These bikes rev high, so top ends don't last long.

If your bike is just "slow" it probably isn't the CDI. Electrical problems are usually very inconsistent, sometimes the problem is there, sometimes it isn't.