Sign in to follow this  

What bar bend do you woods rider like?

I need some taller bars for this 250. I'm 5"10 and feel like I'm bending over when I stand. I like the bend of the new KTM300's, anyone know what the specs are for that bar? Any other reccomdations?

I hate bars that are low, wide, or have a lot of sweep.

I'm running a Renthal Fat Bar, same bend as the stock 2002 KTM. I'm not quite sure how it would work on a YZ, but I like it a lot.

I need some taller bars for this 250. I'm 5"10 and feel like I'm bending over when I stand. I like the bend of the new KTM300's, anyone know what the specs are for that bar? Any other reccomdations?

You'll never look back if you put some FASSTCO Flexx bars on it.

FASSTCO

You know they have a lifetime warranty. If you bend them, send them in and they will replace them at half the cost. They also have a 30 day trial period...send them back for a full refund.

You also know I've gone down hard on them and really slammed some trees...straight as a convent nun. :thumbsup:

Pro Taper - Pastrana Bend with applied fat bar adapters on stock triple clamp which adds about another inch of rise. I'm 6'3" and the set up is awesome and runs about $120 total. I crash alot and the pro tapers have been pretty resilent.......

im 6 1 and ride a CR250 i run RC bend renthals tiped way forward i the clamp i find this works great for me but my 5 10 dad runs MC bend renthals on his KTM so really its all up to you

I have the Windham/Carmichael bend Renthals and run a riser that lifts the bar 1 inch and pushes them out 1.5 inches from dirtly.com.

You'll never look back if you put some FASSTCO Flexx bars on it.

FASSTCO

You know they have a lifetime warranty. If you bend them, send them in and they will replace them at half the cost. They also have a 30 day trial period...send them back for a full refund.

You also know I've gone down hard on them and really slammed some trees...straight as a convent nun. :thumbsup:

I'd love those FASSTCO's but that would drain my wife's account and I'd be sleeping at your house.

A fellow TT'r hooked me up with some fat bar adapters and I'd like to put them to use, but this picking a bar ordeal is a hassle. I think I'm going into the bar business..... rather than sell bars with names attached to them I'll make is easy for Joe Public to figure out: 1. fat, slow and never stands up bend. 2. semi fat, semi slow and sometimes stands up bend. 3. Carmichael/Winham bend :applause:

Can anyone advise if my Acerbis hand guards currently on my 7/8 bars will fit 1 1/8 fat bars? Is the bar diameter near the ends fatter too?

I think my WR has Pro Taper CR High Woods bend. He he, I don't know who this Woods guy is, but they're about 30" wide vs 32+, makes it easier to fit between trees.

The Inside Diameter at the end is the same for 7/8" and 1 1/8", but the mounting brackets that go on the middle of the bars are different.

Another shameless plug for slightly spendy product that works well:

http://www.promotobillet.com/shop/category.asp?catid=71

- Ryan

I am 5'10" and ride an CRF450. Ran into the same problem..............always felt I was leaning to far forward and down. Went with the Applied Racing top clamp and Pro Taper fat bars in the CR high bend. They seemed too wide, so I took a 1/2" off each side. Works great for me!!

I crash alot.

Donald are you ever on 2 wheels :thumbsup:

Yeah........ right before I crash.

I'll add that I cut 1/2" off each end of my pro-taper Pastrana's.

No, your Acerbis handguards with the 7/8" clamp will not fit on fat bars.

Depending on the bar, most handguard mfg's make a clamp for tapered and fat bars $$$$$

I run the cr high bends with moose triple clamp mounts that way when I hit the trees and crash they do NOT move on the bar

I run the woods high protaper it is 30" wide and about as high as I can go.I think it is the same height as the crhigh but with more sweep back. It reminds me a little of flattrack bars . There are alot of fallen trees and low areas where I have to duck my head or get off the bike and lay the bike over . The width is a balance too. If there weren't too many tight trees around here I would rather have a wider bar. I am 6'1 with knuckle dragging extra long arms . I think part of the judgement goes with your type of riding area.