Sign in to follow this  

Anyone try Pro Circuit's head mods?

I'm wondering if anyone has had Pro Circuit modify their head?

I'm talking about the $550.00 SERDI valve job that they do. What did it do to the powerband etc...

I have an 05 with a lot of hours on it and plan on keeping it till the 08's come out. The engine is feeling a bit tired, so....

Thanks!

Don

Go to someone other then PC. Try MDK, RHC - someone that does the work and spends the time on it. PC is mainly a marketing company that builds great race bike for their "team" but what you get is totally different and not of the quality you can get from the above mentioned folks...

My 3 cents..

Go to someone other then PC. Try MDK, RHC - someone that does the work and spends the time on it. PC is mainly a marketing company that builds great race bike for their "team" but what you get is totally different and not of the quality you can get from the above mentioned folks...

My 3 cents..

look at how many DNF'S the Pro Circut team has had this year due to engine failure... :thumbsup:

I'm wondering if anyone has had Pro Circuit modify their head?

I'm talking about the $550.00 SERDI valve job that they do. What did it do to the powerband etc...

I have an 05 with a lot of hours on it and plan on keeping it till the 08's come out. The engine is feeling a bit tired, so....

Thanks!

Don

I agree, with previous post. Although I love PC aftermarket stuff, I have seen and ridden many machines they have done, and the work they do for customers will improve your bike, dollar for dollar you're better off with small shop. I have ported many bikes two and four stroke. It helps, but if your bike was enough stock, or you just want a little more, rebuild it with a Wiseco high compression piston, and hot cam stage II. the high compression boost power, and low end, the bigger cam boost the top end, and over rev. You can do the ports your self, there isn't much to reshaping, take out casting flaws, and anything that looks like it will cause flow problems. Casting flaws in stock bikes are the biggest cause of flow problems.