Chad Reed Back on a 2 Stroke!

My brothers (modmotoman) wife works at a shell station here in Tampa thats right off of a popular Interstate were everyone seems to have to go down to get to any track around this area. Anyway......

Chad Reed stops by there often to fuel up with his bike in the back of his truck. She says that lately its been a YZ250 2 stroke!

Wonder if that means that he is planning on going to a smoker for Supercross?

I always said Chad would be the first to go back... He never did look as good on the 4 strokes as he did on his 2 stroke.

Welcome back!

YES...

Hey ModMotoMan..... Get your wife to close that register for a second and run out there to snap a shot! Tell her to keep her cam ready every day untill he comes by.

I think he takes his "star-dom" statis as a pain in the ass (I would too though)... the first time she seen him she said "can I ask you a question" and he replied with "yes I am Chad Reed". So I wonder how he would take it if she was out there snapping shot of his bike while he's trying to gas up?

Would be interesting to find out though!

Welleven though his point race was closer in 06 (because of Bubba and RC completely screwing up a race or two) he never felt like he was able to run the pace of Bubba or RC and said it many times that it was frustrating.

But I do remember in 05 (when he was on a 2 stroke) there was times that Reed was the one to catch on the track. Daytona and Orlando being two races I remember for sure becuase they where here in florida.

Reed seemed faster when RC and Bubba were on 2-strokes as well, but once everyone went to thumpers its seemed he as missing something.

IMO, it was because the YZ250 is the best 2-stroke 250cc motor ever built, and he lost his one and only advantage.

He is probably a little faster on the 450, but RC and Bubba are much faster on the 450. Now if the AMA would just get rid of these crazy rules and have pure CC classes you'd see everyone on a 2-sroke.

How about 0-200, 201-300, and 300+ ?

Maybe it was his personal bike, and he'd rather ride then work on vavles? :ride:

I doubt Chad is riding anything these days w/ his shoulder out of commission.

Yeah but just as we seen in Supercross... He can ride with 3rd degree shoulder separations and heal extremly fast ?

By the way... I just heard from a friend that lives in New Tampa (which is the same little area Chad Reed lives in) that he too has seen reed more than once with a YZ250 in the back of his truck. So now thats two people I know of that have witnessed this. Getting interesting.

In my town there are lots of guys hat drive around w/ dirtbikes in the back of their trucks yet they haven't a clue on how to ride one. It's like a status sysmbol or something to them. Maybe Chad just can't get the bike off his truck w/ a bad shoulder? ?

Yeah my wife said that his shoulder has him out for awhile. But a little over a month ago he was riding that 250 on a regular. Why is it so hard to believe that he is practicing on a two stroke? she knows what a two stroke pipe looks like so i believe her.

Two strokes are not uncommon here in Florida thats for sure, every day our tracks are becoming more filled with them again.

Yeah my wife said that his shoulder has him out for awhile. But a little over a month ago he was riding that 250 on a regular. Why is it so hard to believe that he is practicing on a two stroke? she knows what a two stroke pipe looks like so i believe her.

Two strokes are not uncommon here in Florida thats for sure, every day our tracks are becoming more filled with them again.

thats a good thing!

YES...

Hey ModMotoMan..... Get your wife to close that register for a second and run out there to snap a shot! Tell her to keep her cam ready every day untill he comes by.

I think he takes his "star-dom" statis as a pain in the ass (I would too though)... the first time she seen him she said "can I ask you a question" and he replied with "yes I am Chad Reed". So I wonder how he would take it if she was out there snapping shot of his bike while he's trying to gas up?

Would be interesting to find out though!

Actually I've heard is is very open to fans (as long as they aren't being a jerk...) so as long as he wasn't in a big hurry he would likely be fine with it.