Sign in to follow this  

Tire ?

I was wondering what the best rocky terrain tire is? Ive been running the dunlop D739 but the rear wares out after about 8-10 hours. If anyone has any suggestions on something that will last longer I would apreciate it.

Thanks

I was wondering what the best rocky terrain tire is? Ive been running the dunlop D739 but the rear wares out after about 8-10 hours. If anyone has any suggestions on something that will last longer I would apreciate it.

Thanks

Try the D756, I also heard the Maxxis is a great hard terrain tire although it's heavy.

IRC IX05H are nice.. they last me long time and everything I ride is all rocky goat paths.. but I would opt for the maxxis maxxcross-HT M7301.. best tire for hard terrain..this tire kicks ass. Third choice would have to be the Kenda Millville... awesome tire!

I have not used a great variety of tires, but I have a D606 tire on the rear that is DOT so it lasts a long time. I have about 25 rides on that tire and its still looking good.

Do yourself a favor and get an IRC TR011 trials tire. YOu may have heard about how great they are. the stories are true.

I use one riding in the california desert all of the time. It sticks to everything and is durable as hell. People report over 2000 miles on them and they are still sticking to everything.

As much as I think I want to go back to a knobbie, I just can't give up what I've got.

Think about it.