Sign in to follow this  

mxc vs. exc vs. sxf

hello all, I wonder if i u could help me out. I was wondering what the differences between the ktm 450 mxc and the 450 exc are. right now i ride 2003 tm 250cross. I mostly ride trails, hillclimbs and smaller jumps. there is an 05 ktm 450 mxc at a dealer for a good price. I was wondering what the differences are between that and an exc, maybe even an sxf if that would better suit me. I am 31, 225 lbs and have a fair bit of experience. Also how reliable are these bikes and how complex is the maintenance compared to my two stroker.

thanks for your info

Andy

I own and ride a 05 mxc i love it close gearing and very trail freindly.I did gear the front sproket down 1 tooth since it was to high geared for the trail rideing i do.I have never had any problem's with the bike. I really love this bike.I payed $4.500

us doller's for mine

I have the 04 450 mxc and right now the only thing I owuld change would be to go the the exc 1st and 2nd gears. I dont rreally like the look of lights bt it is nice to have th option of having one wiht the mxc over the sx. I had to run 12-52 gearing for my trails. Exc first and second would likely fix that but need the money first. Maintanance will be a little more time cinsuming on the four stroke. I can put a whole top end in my two stroke in the time it takes some to adjust the valves on their four stroke.

The only advice i can add to this is :"be sure your bike has e-start". I did not check the models. But i'm sure the exc has that.