Sign in to follow this  

Need mo powa

Sorry about the lame title, my race yesterday was pretty disappointing. I got beat by people who I used to not even be near on the track. The bike felt awesome everywhere and I felt like I had the thing pinned so much. Then I realized I was pinned everywhere and way longer then i ever had been and still not clearing the jumps as easily or at all like I should be.

Alrighty so the bike is an 05 tc250 stock besides jetting kit and handguards. Suspension is very nice power seems good up top but its too late by then. I just need more explosiveness out of the corners. I want to be sliding through the exit of the corner with the front wheel being pulled off the ground through the exit and down the straight a bit due to the power of the motor. Right now when I am full throttle through the exit she just seems lazy.

The gearing also seems very short and I am shifting far more than I am used to so I would like to drop two teeth on the rear sprocket however I think I will lose way too much acceleration. So basically what mods will get the power to the point where it will pull a 48 tooth as strongly as it pulls the 50 tooth if not better than it currently does.

Ive been thinking the high compression piston for about 190 dollars and the FBF exhaust for 549 is the best bang for the buck that i can find but still way expensive. Does anyone make cams for this bike? Also any suggestions on porting the head? What would benefit this head as far as porting goes. I can have it done by my buddy or myself. Are the ports at the optimum size for the piston and exhaust that i plan to add. So then I should just smooth them up and polish them. Let me know if Im on the right track with anything I have been saying and give me any tips or suggestions. By the way my bike has just under 12 hours on it and I am loving everything about it pretty much. The suspension is a little soft for some of the lines that I want to take but it is pretty solid.

I am going to take a stab here but which stock exhaust are you running? I think some of the '05 TC's had a spark arrestor in them. My friend had one and it really would stall fairly easily and lack of power until he got the correct exhaust. It is going to be hard to get the bike to have a explosive hit as it is just not designed to have that. I think if you get your power up you will find that it may not make as much noise as the other jap bikes but you will be going faster longer and not as tired at the end of a moto. Just my opinion and do not race MX anymore.

Sorry about the lame title, my race yesterday was pretty disappointing. I got beat by people who I used to not even be near on the track. The bike felt awesome everywhere and I felt like I had the thing pinned so much. Then I realized I was pinned everywhere and way longer then i ever had been and still not clearing the jumps as easily or at all like I should be.

Alrighty so the bike is an 05 tc250 stock besides jetting kit and handguards. Suspension is very nice power seems good up top but its too late by then. I just need more explosiveness out of the corners. I want to be sliding through the exit of the corner with the front wheel being pulled off the ground through the exit and down the straight a bit due to the power of the motor. Right now when I am full throttle through the exit she just seems lazy.

The gearing also seems very short and I am shifting far more than I am used to so I would like to drop two teeth on the rear sprocket however I think I will lose way too much acceleration. So basically what mods will get the power to the point where it will pull a 48 tooth as strongly as it pulls the 50 tooth if not better than it currently does.

Ive been thinking the high compression piston for about 190 dollars and the FBF exhaust for 549 is the best bang for the buck that i can find but still way expensive. Does anyone make cams for this bike? Also any suggestions on porting the head? What would benefit this head as far as porting goes. I can have it done by my buddy or myself. Are the ports at the optimum size for the piston and exhaust that i plan to add. So then I should just smooth them up and polish them. Let me know if Im on the right track with anything I have been saying and give me any tips or suggestions. By the way my bike has just under 12 hours on it and I am loving everything about it pretty much. The suspension is a little soft for some of the lines that I want to take but it is pretty solid.

Hmmm,

Assuming the tune-up is correct and like the above post mentioned, you have the open Can, I'm not sure what the problem is?

I would start with 168 Main 42 pilot and a 65 Leak.

I will say, and I have heard it before, it's not really a "Japanese Style" Moto Bike. It's better for 90% of the riders on the track I'll bet. I would be interested to put a stopwatch on the Husky and then on the Bike you used to ride. I'll bet it just feels slower because it's not as violent.

You can put a ton of Money into it but it won't make it Japanese.

By the way, MXA went to a 49 tooth on the 2005 Test Bike.

It does have the sparky exhaust. I have compared my lap times against my old bike (01 yz250f that had a few mods) and I am close but slower overall by about 5 seconds. My corner speed is much higher on the husky it just doesnt get down the straights and up the hills like it needs to. The track that I raced at was also fairly sandy and some very tight corners. On the harder tracks I am more competitive but the sand seems to have increased the difference. As far as it being tuned correctly after installing the jd jetting kit I noticed quite a big difference and was impressed by the gains. So if there is more to come just from jetting I will be shocked.

Also you guys are correct though I can ride this thing as hard as I can for a longer time then I can my other bikes. The brakes, suspension and riding position feels awesome to me and while riding I dont feel the wieght at all even in the air I throw her around no problem.

Put the TC can on it, rejet, run race gas and freaking pin it. If you want to go real fast send your head to Russ Fletcher and let him do his magic.

If you purchased this bike new check with the dealer and see if they have or can get you the MX silencer. It makes a big diference. I agree that you will never make it a jap bike but your overall times should improve.

The tc can was not included in the crate, I bought it off of ebay. The person I bought it from purchased it from that dealer named Heinens. I have the boyesen quickshot installed as well I forgot about that. It was on my yz and I just swapped it over. I am not looking for like a huge midrange hit I love how smooth the motor is but I think it needs more snap off the low end. The top end is just about where I want it it just needs to get there quicker. Alot of the tracks Im on are supercross type stuff. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Is the FBF or vortex ignition worth it on this bike? Its a bit cheaper than an exhaust.

Have you thought about an Akrapovic? That is the weapon of choice to fight lacking low end power even for the 510s.

Agree, one of the main, if no THE main flaw, of the bikes is the too close tranny.

Cheers Volker

I got a feeling ignition changes won't give you what you want, if the exhaust is plugged up, it can't breath properly, try doing a search on exhaust mods, I recall someone explaining how to do it a couple months ago & he said bottom end HIT improved big time. Goodluck

P.S. that basically a free mod, but you might have to rejet

Give the Power Now and Power Now Plus valve intake vains a try.

They help the low and mid range feel more responsive and it feels as if the motor is slightly larger then it actually is.

Starts much easier too.

Jetting will be a bit richer on the pilot and mixtures screw settings once the valves are instaled.

They greatly helped my 05 TE450 and 04 CR125, more noticeable as the motor gets smaller (relitive to the larger carb...makes for low velocity)

Cheers,

William

Santa Cruz, Ca