Sign in to follow this  

E exhaust to SM adventure

Well,

I got it on there, but:

The mounting tab on the E can had to be mounted to the inside of the subframe in order for the midpipe mounting hole to line up with the lower footpeg hole. Took a lot of tweaking to get all the bolts started but it's on there. The can is quite close to the inner fender plastic running along the subframe on the right side of the bike.

Looking at the E can's mounting tab, it seems as though this is how it should be mounted, the SM's tab is at a much different angle and mounts to the outside of the subframe.

Looking down the can with the spark arrestor removed, it appears as though the E can's "pipe" inside the can is a larger diameter then the SM's. With the billet exhaust cap on, the E exhaust had a much healthier bark at idle. I haven't ridden it yet, and need to resolve some bunged up mounting holes for the end cap. Believe it or not, this thing had a Honda endcap on it, and all the threads are screwed up for the mounts.

Hopefully, I'll get it fixed up tomorrow. The bike is almost ready for a trip to Deals Gap Labor Day week. I got the Clarke tank on last week, and a Marsee 19L Rocket Pocket on the rear fender for luggage.

Got the end cap mounted. The bike lost some bottom end snap, but definitely pulls better on the top. The plactic melted where the pipe is close to the inner fender plastic.

A friend has volunteered to weld a nut on the midpipe where the stock footpeg mount goes. The storm coming our way has me rethinking my Deals Gap trip, I might be delayed.

Perhaps I'll take him up on the offer this weekend instead of riding in the rain and wind.

Took the midpipe bolt back out, and remounted the can with the tab on the outside of the subframe. I tightened everything back up, and put a couple of washers on the lower footpeg bolt to prevent it from pushing on the pipe.

I'll see how this works, and hope I can just run it without the midpipe bolt.