Sign in to follow this  

Cheap bike lock

I have a dualsported dirt only DR350. So I have NO protection from theves. Anybody could jump on it an start it.

This really didnt effect me because i am literally 3 feet from the bike at work, and when I go into stores i park it within my site. But that got old.

I looked at disc locks and they arent cheap, I know I should look at what ive got into my bike, but whatever.

I found at walmart, Master makes a weatherproof lock. Its bright yellow and fits in the holes of my front disc. Someone could still pick it up and throw it in a truck, but itd be a lot harder when it doesnt roll. Sure you can pull the wheel off, but same with a real disc lock.

Anyway, for $6 its good protection, especially compared to nothing. Probably just make a theif look for a different bike to steal.

On a side note, put the lock CLOSE to the caliper, that way when you leave and forget the lock, you dont go 2 feet then BANG your tire locks. I put mine on the rear and roll the bike forward, then wont move.

I have a dualsported dirt only DR350

Someone could still pick it up and throw it in a truck, .

:applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::ride::applause: That'saaaaaaaa good one! :applause::applause::applause: