Sign in to follow this  

logical progression

ok so now My nephews started racng this year. one is on xr50 stock other is pw50 stock..we are gonna keep the one on the pw on 2 strokes.. my other nephew stayin with 4 strokes.. Wht bikes should they go to next?

for PW we were thinking of going to ktm 50 not sure which model, they have like 4 or 5 eh? and for the xr rider we thought xr70 but we dont really know, we found a kx65 for good price but it is way too much power for him.. it is a fast little bike. It might be bored out we dont know..

can anyone help us out??, we really dont know what to do.. and they are getting brand new bikes as soon as the last race is over at Pine Grove in PA..so thats like a couple weeks.. any help is greatly appreciated

why dont u just get them the same bikes and make it easier on yourselves for things like parts and you know how kids are if one has the other one wants it too

well they are two very diferent riders, height, weight and styles. and they want differnet bikes. We defenitley have the money so..

but we did think of that

I feel sorry for the kid you're going to keep on 4 strokes! The little two stroke 80's will eat the four strokes up! I mean there is absolutely no comparison at all! The two stroke 80's are very fast, have fantastic suspension while the 4 stroke 80's are antiquated machines, perfect for learning to ride and playing around but are not race bikes in the least!!

I never said Im getting a 4stroke 80.. Im here asking what they should progress too, were not sure what to get.. and they ride peewee so they ride against the same bike class.. xr50's only pw50's only ktm class modified and stock, etc.......

I never said Im getting a 4stroke 80.. Im here asking what they should progress too, were not sure what to get.. and they ride peewee so they ride against the same bike class.. xr50's only pw50's only ktm class modified and stock, etc.......

The KTM 50's are like 80 lbs as a xr 50 is 104 lbs that should answer your question then

I shouldve mentioned in my first post My one nephew next year will be too old for the ktm 50 class which is why hes staying in 4 stroke.. He doesnt want to ride the kx 65 which would be his next move.. hes really scared of it it is a firecracker.. fast as hell. so thats why he needs to go eihter crf70 modified or 100 stock.. or other maybe even yzf or whatever they make....

in peewee they have copy of birth certificate on file and everything...he wouldnt be allowed in the ktm 50 class. he HAS to stay in 4 stroke as liek I said earlier he is way scared of the 65.. Im sorry I failed to mention this.. I totally forgot the circumstances

I shouldve mentioned in my first post My one nephew next year will be too old for the ktm 50 class which is why hes staying in 4 stroke.. He doesnt want to ride the kx 65 which would be his next move.. hes really scared of it it is a firecracker.. fast as hell. so thats why he needs to go eihter crf70 modified or 100 stock.. or other maybe even yzf or whatever they make....

in peewee they have copy of birth certificate on file and everything...he wouldnt be allowed in the ktm 50 class. he HAS to stay in 4 stroke as liek I said earlier he is way scared of the 65.. Im sorry I failed to mention this.. I totally forgot the circumstances

how old is each one and how tall and what is there weigh.

Here are the classes they run at the track I race at

51cc (4-6 yrs) JR Stock

51cc (7-8 yrs) SR Stock

51cc (4-8 yrs) Open

65cc JR (7-9 yrs)

65cc SR (10-11yrs)

65cc Open (7-11yrs)

85cc Beginner-Non-Series

85cc JR (7-11)

85cc SR (12-15)

4 Stroke Mini-Non-Series

4-Stroke Open Amateur-Non-Series

Open/Supermini (85cc-105cc)

Schoolboy (12-16)

125cc Collegboy-Non-Series

125cc Beginner

125cc Novice

125cc Intermediate

125cc Open Amateur

250cc Beginner

250cc Novice

250cc Intermediate

250cc Open Amateur

Women Open 85cc+

Women 25+ Non-Series

Over 25 Amateur

Over 30 Amateur

Over 40 Amateur

Over 50 Amateur-Non Series

PRO/EXPERT CLASSES

125cc Expert (250 4-stroke)

250cc Expert (450 4-stroke)

4 Stroke Expert -Non-Series

Over 25 Expert- Non-Series

Over 30 Expert- Non- Series

the older one Matt (XR50) is 8 by next season he will be 9.. Antonio is 7, he rides a pw50 right now..

Matt is pretty tall, not sure of weight.. he can sit well on the kx65.. so its around the same height as the crf100, But a modified crf70's are nice.. really fast. Antonio is very small little guy shorter than matt really skinny.. but he was born to ride and we think he is gonna kick ass on the KTM50

The plan is to move Antonio to the ktm50..Thats a defenite Ive just been informed... Matt we dont know.. Like I said He doesnt want to move to a 65 2stroke. and they race 70's and 100 4 strokes at the Pine Grove(PA)

Now Matt is pretty slow I hate to say it but he is.. plus the crf is a dog.. and even in the stock class the parents are modifiying and the track officals dont care. so we went in not knowin that the track didnt govern the rules very well...and hes stuck in last or damn near last usually, whereas Antonio is placing 3rd overall his first race ever.. and after that has 2 more third overalls one fifth overall.. and a second place in a first moto last wek. So were not sure about matt and what to get him.. We are thinking modified 70 class... or stock 100 with maybe some small unnoticeable mods like the other parents...weighted flywheel(or shaved) I cant remeber which does which. change the final drive gears, etc small things

A crf100 is kinda big for a small kid

I have a 03 crf100 and it pretty heavy for a 8-9 year old and too tall

Its my pit bike but the kids at the track ride it sometimes and the small/younger ones just cant do it

Seat Height 30.9 inches

Ground Clearance 10.0 inches

Dry Weight 165.0 pounds

the crf 70 is 4" smaller and weighs less

Found it!!!!! http://www.flyingdutchmenmc.net/ theres the site if you wana check it out

MOTORCYCLE CLASSES

PW 50 OIL 4-6 YAM/SUZ

PW 50 OIL 7-8 YAM/SUZ

50CC STOCK 4-6 YRS COBRA,LEM,KTM,JR,ETC

50CC STOCK 7-8 YRS COBRA,LEM,KTM,SR,ETC

50CC 4-6 YRS OIL INJECTED ONLY

50CC 7-8YRS OIL INJECTED ONLY

XR 50 HONDA 4-8 YRS

65CC 7-9 YRS KAW,SUZ,ETC

65CC 10-11 YRS KAW,SUZ,ETC

XR70-XR80 HONDA

PW80-TTR90-110 AIR-COOLED-SUZ,KAW

100CC HONDA-150CC HONDA TTR125 YAM

I'll tell ya my friends son is kinda slow and he got a kx65 took him a few times at the track to get it down with the clutch BUT now he loves it

He races and didnt do to well at first but now he is getting there

JUST takes time and a little more time for others

We wanted him to ride that.. it was the plan but the poor little guy he crashed hard and it was the first time he got the wind knocked out of him and he wasw\ cryin so hard... he begged to not ride it again.

I feel bad for him, He got really scared of it and how fast it was .. He is REALLY scared and doesnt want to ride it sowe told him its ok he doesnt have to.. so thats what brings me here. The kid loves Honda he wants to stay Honda and my brother, their father, is really cool and treats them kids great.. Matt wants Honda so thats what hes gettin.. as Im lookin at the classes for Flyingdutchmen I see that he really has no choice but crf70 or 80. so thats what we'll do I guess

yeah defenitly, you said its too big eh? thanks for the help, Ill let my brother know everything. Thank You

Poor kid

that sucks that happened to Jeffs son too

We had all had a couple of beers at the time thou so we started laughing at him and told him you cant cry in motocross, and he got back up and got back on the bike and rode for about an hour till it ran out of gas, I think because he didnt want to listen to our crap but either way he races it now.

I did feel bad about giving him crap the next day thou, Was not the nice thing to do.

yeah we actually said the same exact thing "you can't cry in motocross" But then we remebered he's a little kid and they can't all be RC or Bubba.. so we understood he was a little thrown off about the idea of racing that thing.. but hell warm up and eventually get on it when he's ready.

If, like you said , money is no problem, get him whatever bike to race, but get him that 2 stroke 65 to try riding around at home or something just to used to it. He can't expect to be fast and finish good on a crf70 vs 65's and 85's 2 strokes.