Sign in to follow this  

Tips & tricks; custom set-ups

It's the little things that make all the difference, right!

What do you guys/gals do to your bike that makes it unique.

Me, I carry 4 or 5 zip ties under my bar pad. I also raised the outside edge of my grips by placing a strip of weed-wacking string under each grip.

Tips? Tricks? :thumbsup:

i rap a bandanna around the right side of my handlebar. and i bend my brake level so its perfect for my finger. thats about it.

but on my bmx bike i run my brake on the left side which is backwards to the norm, im also left handed so its nice. then i have a really long grip on the right side of my bars it goes to the cross bar. i run my seat kinda high for tricks and i drill my seatpost out so it looks like swiss cheese. and i paint alot of my parts

i run 2 donuts on the clutch side and 1 on the throttle. i felt like the bars were off center and then i read that one of the factory riders mechanics puts his bars slightly to the left because they ARE off center because of the throttle tube. I like my solution better tho cuz its got more cush.

That's pretty cool thrasher, do you have any pics of your BMX bike?

723, I can't really picture what your saying. :thumbsup: Are you saying the markings on the bars are off, not aligned properly.

I forgot, I also lowered the front brake line down in the lower clamp so the top of theb rkae line doesn't hit me in the face when my head comes down low to the bars off a jump.

That's pretty cool thrasher, do you have any pics of your BMX bike?

723, I can't really picture what your saying. :thumbsup: Are you saying the markings on the bars are off, not aligned properly.

I forgot, I also lowered the front brake line down in the lower clamp so the top of theb rkae line doesn't hit me in the face when my head comes down low to the bars off a jump.

No the bars are centered when you put them on but once you put on the throttle tube, it sticks out a little further than the clutch side grip. only some riders can feel this. I got it from a kid who runs 3 on clutch and 2 on throttle but that was too much.