Sign in to follow this  

slight hesitation when riding hard

I have a totally stock DRZ 400 SM. I really like this machine for the tight , twisty rural roads that I ride mostly. I am happy with the performance(although sometimes I miss my GSXR 750 on some straights but part of the reason I bought this bike was too keep me from going excessively fast speedwise, although I do ride my DRZ EXCESSIVELY fast for the conditons where I ride!) and the handling.

My question is this: I notice when I am in say one gear too high and accelerating hard in the 1/2 to 3/4 throttle range it does tend to hesitate very little. Could this be solved by moving the needle to lean it a bit more in this range?

Thanks

I have no clue about carburetor jetting but from what I've read on here the bike is lean from the factory and giving it more gas in the mix helps with hesitation.

I notice major hesitation when I'm cruising off-idle or idle and I punch it. It takes at least one full second to start revving up.

Rejet would take care of the hesitation :thumbsup: The stock setup, like stated, is way lean and will cause for fussy throttle response.

Man I love that avatar CsHosi :applause: That is a work of complete beauty!!

I'm trying to leave mine stock until I get my hands on an FCR. You could get a dynojet kit if you wanted something right away.

Yeah, hot girls on bikes are sexy!