Sign in to follow this  

Shift lever recommendations

I know it has been talked about before but i have looked around and can't find the shift lever that is 1" longer than stock for the DRZ. I have Alpinestars Tech 8s and had a hell of a time trying to shift. I'm sure it will get better when the boots break in more and i move the lever up but i would still prefer a longer shift lever. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I am also looking for new foot pegs, the stock ones suck.

Thanks,

Mike :thumbsup::ride:

I have size 16 tech 8s and I use an msr. Came with an aluminum tip instead of rubber over steel.

As an added bonus, the aftermarket shifters (whether longer or not) are made out of steel that will bend much more than the stock cast one before they will break.

Moved my stock shifter up a notch,and that helped enough for me (tech 8's ,size 11).I also have the IMS pro's (awesome).I took a LONG time for my tech 8's to break in.

I just can't bring my self to replace an aluminum part with a steel one.I had a MSR shifter on two of my 650L's and they were great. Does anyone make an longer alloy shift lever for a DRZ ?

I have MSR with extra 1" purchased from TT store.

Shifting is much easier now with my size 14 US boots.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I ordered the MSR shift lever and the IMS pro series pegs today from TT.

Mike :applause::applause:

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I ordered the MSR shift lever and the IMS pro series pegs today from TT.

Mike :applause::applause:

Ahhh...the steak knives. Be careful around them when you don't have your gear on. They can and will leave scars.

:applause:

Good to have you back Sundog! Don't forget to post about your trip to Colorado!! :thumbsup:

Good to have you back Sundog! Don't forget to post about your trip to Colorado!! :thumbsup:

Thanks and will do. :applause: Just waiting to get some pics from the first couple of days (from my guides) as I launched my camera off a cliff (had to get an emergency replacement).