Sign in to follow this  

Fuel screw.....err...lack there of????

I was trying to find the fuel screw on a 2006 TT-R125LE. I couldn't seem to find it with the carb on, so I take the carb off. Right there where the "screw" should be is a shiny brass fitting with a tiny round hole in it. It looks basically like a jet. There is no way to unscrew this to get it out much less adjust it for fuel flow. Any ideas as to what I'm looking at? Trust me, I know where the screw should be...I'm just confused as to what this is. Thanks in advance.

Get a sheet metal screw, screw it halfway into the brass fitting, and then pull it out with a pair of pliers. That will give ya access to the fuel screw.

So the screw is underneath and this is just a "cap"?

Yeah, alot of the bikes are like this now. Its an EPA/CARB deal to keep owners from tampering with low RPM fuel managment. Since dirtbikes aren't subject to any kind of smog testing, get to that screw and tune it to your specific application.

Thanks a bunch...funny, i just read through the "running badly" thread and saw the same question posed. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

OK, got the protective cap off :thumbsup:. Now, how are you guys accessing the stupid thing? Every screwdriver I have won't fit...too long...too short. I even tried cutting one down, but now can't seem to get enough torque to turn the thing. They really don't want you messing with this, do they??