Sign in to follow this  

Vaccum plugs for CE removal

So i removed the coast enrichener and went to look for vaccum plugs. You guys mention "Just go down to your local auto store and pick up some diff size vaccum plugs"

Hmm. I tried hardware stores and auto stores. Maybe we just dont have much in our stores down under, compared to the US.

What else can i use to plug off where the hoses went to?

The cannister ifself has one on it...you can most likely use that. But s you said, down under it may be different. In the US...our Kragens and Autozones and such have "HELP!" isles. The brand HELP! carries a wide array of the most miscellaneous parts you can think of...including vacuum caps. Just ask an auto parts store employee...someone has got to know something!

yep any piece of air tight plastic you can shove on the tube ends should be fine. They are nothing special really. You dont want them leaking though. That could be trouble.

Moral of this story....make sure you have all needed parts to complete the mod as to not loose any valuable ride time!

Don't feel bad I find I have to make at least 2 to 3 stops to find stuff, if I can find it. I find the parts store locally suck. (autozone O'reilly's) I tend to just order what I need since I get tired of wasting time and gas. It might just be the local stores but man, I never thought I would say this but. Gulp, I miss Canadian Tire. (My brother would be proud. He owns one and I always ragged on him). I could always get what I needed though.

:thumbsup:

I actually oredered the nipple and vacum hoses so I didn't have to go through what you are. Never mind the odds of the local shop actually ordering the right jets. Another bet I won't take.