Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura for a klx110

I know this probably has been beat to death but I need some help with this. My 9yr old son is hell bent on getting a Yosh pipe for his 06 KLX110. I am not sure why or how he even knows about it but he wants it bad(he is paying for it). Now with that done, is it really worth it? The bike is completely stock but some minor upgrades may be coming in the future(air filter). If I do get the Yosh pipe what kind of jetting issues am I looking at and will I need to get the adjustable needle for it. I am no stranger to modding bikes but I am new to the KLX. Thanks for all the views and help that I hope to get.

Cory

It will give the bike a pretty good power increase. Without alot of noise. Dont get me wrong it is loud but not the the worst pipe out there for a 110. You dont really have to jet it with a stock air box and filter. With a clamp on filter you need to jet. Two Brothers Racing sells everthing you need. With the pipe, clamp on filter and jets it will really wake it up. One of my friends runs a yoshi with clamp on, 85 main 40 pilot. He runs the adj needle and it runs ok. Not enough difference between stock needle and adj needle to notice. I guess it depends on your elevation. Alot of guys on this forum swear by the adj needle. I run an 85 main and 40 pilot in my 03 drz- PC-t4, clamp on, cam.

I agree w/ king... I have the adjustable needle and its comin out and i am gonna put the stock one back in... I'd deffinetly put the air filter on it.. and also buy a filter cover for it...

Well, put the yosh pipe my boy got off ebay(for 123.00) and boy did it wake that little 110 up. Only problem is, and I told him to wear pants, that he burnt the crap out of himself on his right calf. I felt real bad for him but I guess the only way to learn is to make some mistakes. Once he gets used to it I guess some airbox mods or air filter mods are the next upgrades. Thanks for the help guys.

its loud an jetting will be a pain, just keep the stock air box, and its waaaayyy loud