Sign in to follow this  

Spark Plug Removal

Hey,

Newbie to the site, just got a query about removing & cleaning the spark plug out of a 2003 WR250F?

It seems very hard to get to, even when I have taken all the plastics and tank off? Do you just take the rubber thing off the top and its just there?

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me?

Cheers

AussieRider

Well, I can't say that I have worked on one of these but you just pull the plug cap off (the rubber thing witha wire comming out of it) and there it is. Just loosen it up with a wrench and spin it out.

Well he beat me to it. You need a swivel extension. I just went to my dealer and bought the spark plug tool made by Yamaha. It makes a ton of difference now being able to change the plug in a couple of minutes, instead of it taking like 20 minutes without one.

how do you get a 2011 ktm 350 spark plug out once its loose?

Hey,

Newbie to the site, just got a query about removing & cleaning the spark plug out of a 2003 WR250F?

Do NOT "clean" it! Grasp it firmly in your hand, raise your arm, and throw it towards the nearest trash barrel. Then put in a NEW one. Especially if it's that hard to remove.

my 08 450 has a really looong plug boot/ coil assembly on the plug, its hard to remove but will come off with effort. x2 on a new plug...

another TIP.. on a 4t will collect DIRT/CRUD down the hole, even with the plug boot in place. Use a pressure washer?? Multiply the dirt/crud down there 10x... Pull the boot off, spray some brakeclean down there, used compressed air to BLOW OUT that area before you spin the plug out. Use a dab of anti-size on the threads of the plug going back in.

Pulling the plug out without doing this gets DIRT in your MOTOR. Simple step, but worthwhile. 2t? not as big a deal but won't hurt to spray some brakeclean around the plug/head before you spin the plug out. It's the little things.. :thumbsup: