06' Cracked Engine Case

Well I had a crash about a month ago on my 06' CRF450 during a race.. came off a 30 foot table top and lost it in the ruts. To make a long story short, I bent in the radiator and header but also noticed a puddle of oil under my bike in the garage. I looked over the engine and found small spider-like cracks all under the sprocket on the engine case. Then today I found more on the other side near the coolant pump cover...

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem as well, because on of my friends has cracks in the same spot on his 06'crf450. Honda wants 280$ for each side of the engine plus labor. Anyone have any ideas or easy fixes? I don't think I have 800-1000$ to throw down right about now. ?

I don't think there is a fix you could trust. I woud have to replace the covers. I do know that "Works Connection" makes engine guards that stretch way back towards the shifter for just that reason. Sorry for your bad luck

I agree with Dyno, probably a blow sprocket seal...

check none of your blow out / overflow hoses are blocked as this will cause a build up of pressure and bang goes your seal.

I had a nice big pool of oil under mine when it went ?

If you replace yourself though be carful not to lever the old seal out to hard with screwdriver as you will mash your casing as it's made of crappy gunmetal type stuff with marks and breaks easily.

Good Luck