Sign in to follow this  

The Real Price / Deal?

Ok,

How much does it cost to actually build a bike :thumbsup: ?

for example:

How much does it cost Honda to build a CRF250X? And, so, what is the markup on each one?

So, this is a thread on something I'm surprised isn't really talked about that much and will rub the Dealers on TT the wrong way, but, hey, I'm a curious consumer that would like to know.

And for those that don't like it = :ride::applause:

20% would probably get you in the neighborhood of the Dealer's margin (not counting the dealer fees that seem to get added on). Off course his price has already been marked up by Honda, in your example, who has to make a profit too. It's interesting how people expect motor vehicle dealers to bend over and sell their goods at or near cost and yet these same people will walk into Walmart and buy a $25 fan that Walmart probably only paid $7 for without even thinking about it. Dealers have to make money to pay the rent, the inept sales people, the guy in the back who puts the handle bars on and revs the piss out of the bike in the first 20 seconds (oops, I mean preps the bike), the paper pusher, the accountant, the lawyers, the insurance companys, etc. Frankly, I am suprised that some of them stay in business at all. I don't mind if my dealer makes a profit. I just don't want it done in an underhanded way through exagerated ambiguous fees. In any case, what is the difference? You get the best deal you can get on the bike you want.

What difference does it make? Enjoy the sport. Don't think, just do. The difference is curiousity. The difference is money. The difference is "I'd like to know". I mean, heck, I too don't mind them making a profit,......hell!!!, I wouldn't be working where I'm working if my Company didn't make a profit, and I wouldn't be working at all if I were a millionaire.

However, there are now about 8-10 (maybe more) Giant dealers in my area (San Diego / Riverside) and frankly, I think its great !! I can work out a really good deal usually without even leaving my house. Cash talks baby!!

So, as far as your take on how you're surprised that they can even stay open? uhm, can't feel any love there man...They're raking in the dough with each sale. Thats how! A new Big Warehouse dealer just opened up in North County and none of the others are putting out a "Going out of Business" sign. Shoot, if anything, they're getting BIGGER!! Enlarging their facilities to double / triple capacity. Some of them make Home Depot look like a drive thru Starbucks. How is this possible on 20% , I think its more, or....OR there are just way too many richie rich mindless drones out there buying toys.

:thumbsup: "Must buy bike, must buy quad!!"

I like to state the obvious and let others who are curious follow along. This is a place for people to congregate their thoughts, right? So lets not be afraid to talk then. This is only going to help other Thumpers save some money. Heck, I like this sport,...alot. But I'm not going to be a mindless Lemming to it.

Dealers have to make money to pay the rent, the inept sales people, the guy in the back who puts the handle bars on and revs the piss out of the bike in the first 20 seconds (oops, I mean preps the bike), the paper pusher, the accountant, the lawyers, the insurance companys, etc. Frankly, I am suprised that some of them stay in business at all. I don't mind if my dealer makes a profit. I just don't want it done in an underhanded way through exagerated ambiguous fees. In any case, what is the difference? You get the best deal you can get on the bike you want.

Not to mention there are a lot of unreasonable customers dealers have to work with. I am beginning to hate people the more I have to deal with them. I love my dog.

Greg

Ya, and most Strippers are Lesbians :thumbsup:

Look at this dot . Thats the worlds smallest violin

So, what you're saying is you would go and just buy it and not haggle or try for a good deal?