Sign in to follow this  

will a ct70 engine mount into a crf 50 frame?

i was wondering if a ct70 engine will drop into a crf 50 frame and wire up to an 05 crf wireing harness? i thought it would because its the same engine i though with a different cylinder and what not? i just want to make sure before buying seeing as there is a good possibility i could be wrong.

The CT-70 engine is a direct bolt in.

You can use your XR/CRF-50 Stator plate and flywheel on the 3 speed CT motors and eliminate the points

The 4 speed CT-70 motors use a different crank.

No stator plate is not bolt on. You will have to vut a notch in the cases to fit the CDI pickup. Also, the flywheel from CRF50s will not fit on the CT70 3 speed cranks. The wiring is a problem and you will need to do some custom work. But the motor will fit in the frame.

You cannot use the CRF/XR stator or flywheel on any CT crank, the taper is different, and the CT crank is 3/8" shorter on the left side, it will not work. You have to install a CRF/XR crank assembly, and then notch out the side case, to make room for the pulser on the CRF/XR Stator plate.

So yes the ct70 motor will fit but you need to keep it a points motor and you should be able to wire it up fine. I have a c70 motor in one of my z50 its my favorite to ride bolted right up no prob

The CT-70 engine is a direct bolt in.

You can use your XR/CRF-50 Stator plate and flywheel on the 3 speed CT motors and eliminate the points

The 4 speed CT-70 motors use a different crank.

Thanks for catching my mistake.

I should have said you can use your XR/CRF stator plate and flywheel in the 3 speed CT-70 Motors if you change the crank.

The 4 speed motors use a different crank and flywheel altogether.

MY BAD :thumbsup:

where did you get those lights from for your crf70?

those are sweet. will they fit on the xr70?

how much were they?

can u send the link

if you aint ridin, you aint livin