yzf or crf?

i am getin a new bike pretty soon, and i am pretty sure i want either a yz250f or a crf250r. which one is the all around better bike? which one is the most reliable? which one would be the best/most fun for trail riding in baja?

if you want reliability then get the yzf. IMHO i would say the yzf is better all around. I have ridden both bikes before many a time.

The Yamaha is a dual overhead cam, 5-valve engine whereas the Honda is a single overhead cam 4-valve design. The Yamaha has the technology advantage and is known for better reliability/durability.

Hondas supposedly handle better though...

Id go with the Yammie. Better handling doesnt mean a thing when you break a valve. ?

Reliability, strong motor and great suspension....Yamaha...hands down. ?

I know that both Yamaha and Honda have had problems with their valves. The only difference is that Yamaha has stood by their product and will replace them for you free of charge. If that happens to your Honda, that's just more money out of your pocket.

I concur with what everyone says. I have a YZ250F and a CRF450. I absolutely hate working on the valve area of the 450. It sucks. Plus it wears super quick. The YZF is a tried and true machine that will be way more forgiving than a CRF250. Go blue...it'll last longer.

YZF over the honda for sure!! Though i have never ridden a honda 250F, it just doesn't appeal much to me. And the yami is just easier to keep and "worry free", you don't want the weekend to come around and you are missing out because of some little finicky issue do you? Thats why i went blue(yellow le) because these 250Fs are more maintenace than a 2 stroke as it is and i can trust the yami plus the motor is EXCELLENT and the suspension is just about the best you can get.

• 3 weeks later...