Sign in to follow this  

06 RMZ 450 suspension revalve for 170 lb intermidiate rider

Here is my dilemma ... My last bike was a 04 yz 250 with MCR suspension with sub tanks and the thing was awesome through the rough sections so I am use to a bike that rides pretty plush but. I thought I could ride this RMZ stock but I cannot come to terms with the forks on this thing I replaced the shock spring with the next size softer which race tech recomended and the fork springs are really close to what I need, so I been fiddling with the clickers and the bike just feels harsh in the forks and don't ride real smooth through the chop or breaking bumps. I was wondering what anyones thoughts were on how much better the suspension is improved by just a basic revavle? I have alot of money going out in other areas that i didn't have before so a trip to the suspesion shop is not really somthing I am looking forward to. putting the bike on Ebay is a very realistic option right now... thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Mine were revalved by bumpsticks and my suspension hates hardpacked chop and breaking bumps, but i think its just set up for more aggressive riding them im doing, and for big jumps.

The bike is set-up stock to ride fast. It has a very narrow speed margin where it works well. If you slow down on a rough track it will beat you up. Just ride it faster and make sure you're riding a gear higher than you feel is normal...especially coming off a 2 stroke.

The bike is set-up stock to ride fast. It has a very narrow speed margin where it works well. If you slow down on a rough track it will beat you up. Just ride it faster and make sure you're riding a gear higher than you feel is normal...especially coming off a 2 stroke.

hmm, i'm pretty sure if all of us could ride faster, we would. I think his best bet is to try a lighter weight oil in the forks or maybe softer fork springs. I weigh about the same as you, and i find the RMZ ( i don't own one but ridden one twice) stock stuff can be quite stiff, i also would consider myself a relativley fast rider and while this helps a bit on some suspension setups, The facts are, if its too stiff, then its too stiff.

Here is my dilemma ... My last bike was a 04 yz 250 with MCR suspension with sub tanks and the thing was awesome through the rough sections so I am use to a bike that rides pretty plush but. I thought I could ride this RMZ stock but I cannot come to terms with the forks on this thing I replaced the shock spring with the next size softer which race tech recomended and the fork springs are really close to what I need, so I been fiddling with the clickers and the bike just feels harsh in the forks and don't ride real smooth through the chop or breaking bumps. I was wondering what anyones thoughts were on how much better the suspension is improved by just a basic revavle? I have alot of money going out in other areas that i didn't have before so a trip to the suspesion shop is not really somthing I am looking forward to. putting the bike on Ebay is a very realistic option right now... thanks everyone :thumbsup:

I am 170, and my bike was harsh front and rear. some of the same issues, but I love the motor, transmission and turning. Much better then my 05 CRF 450.

I sent my suspension to MB1, and they revalved front and rear, replaced springs, and pressure springs. installed anti bottoming rings, new bladder and bladder cap on shock. Wow. This bike is so incredibly plush, yet fast. the rear is so good, I can't feel it hit, even the harshest square edge stuff, The front, is like it is stuck to the ground, and the harshness is totally gone. It still feels firm like a good motorcrosser should. But really smooth. Best bike i've ever had.

I am 170, and my bike was harsh front and rear. some of the same issues, but I love the motor, transmission and turning. Much better then my 05 CRF 450.

I sent my suspension to MB1, and they revalved front and rear, replaced springs, and pressure springs. installed anti bottoming rings, new bladder and bladder cap on shock. Wow. This bike is so incredibly plush, yet fast. the rear is so good, I can't feel it hit, even the harshest square edge stuff, The front, is like it is stuck to the ground, and the harshness is totally gone. It still feels firm like a good motorcrosser should. But really smooth. Best bike i've ever had.

Hi,

How much did all that cost?

I would be interested in doing something like this. My CRF450 06 has much smoother suspension than my RMZ450 06.